NarkSide Nutrition

NarkSide Nutrition (http://www.getnarked.net/forum/index.php)
-   Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos (http://www.getnarked.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Phils 2013 log. (http://www.getnarked.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16447)

RhinoBalls 01-13-2013 02:31 PM

Phils 2013 log.

With my new job (and potential millionaire status, I've put the lottery on this week) I'm working round the clock, and thus my training is being adapted.

I'll be lifting 3 days a week. Each lifting session will be a squat, a push and a pull. It's about as basic as it can possibly be. But it's also about as fool proof as it can possibly be.

on my 'off days' I'll be doing some form of sprints, some high rep circuits or even just going down to the beach and throwing some rocks around.

My diet is also as simple as i can make it. Lots of fatty meats, fish and eggs, supplemented with protein shakes. I'm not timing my meals, nor am i counting calories (roughly, i can't help but estimate cause i've done this for so long i just know whats in what)

And that's it.

Bada bing bada boom.

No "shocking" your muscles, No pre exhaust or any bullshit. just spending time under the bar.

Fool proof

UpstateTank 01-13-2013 02:44 PM

oh you fancy huh? lol

good stuff, no BS and to the point!

whats your goals w/ new training style?

RhinoBalls 01-14-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UpstateTank (Post 141273)
oh you fancy huh? lol

good stuff, no BS and to the point!

whats your goals w/ new training style?

Jut strength. However the high rep stuff is in there for pre-hab and also the bigger your muscular base, the bigger your strength potential. so if i put a bit of size on i wouldn't complain.

Booz 01-14-2013 07:16 PM

Am following your progress mate

BTS 01-14-2013 10:20 PM

curious - what are you pre-habbing ?

RhinoBalls 01-15-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BTS (Post 141316)
curious - what are you pre-habbing ?

i do very very light weight ( we're talking an empty bar ) curls, skulls, front raises, OH press, calve raises, squats with a band around my knees, band pull aparts ect... for a hell of a lot of reps, 100+

I've had a lot of shoulder niggles, so I pay particular attention to that.

but it all plays into general conditioning aswell.

Narkissos 01-18-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhinoBalls (Post 141272)
With my new job (and potential millionaire status, I've put the lottery on this week) I'm working round the clock, and thus my training is being adapted.

I'll be lifting 3 days a week. Each lifting session will be a squat, a push and a pull. It's about as basic as it can possibly be. But it's also about as fool proof as it can possibly be.

on my 'off days' I'll be doing some form of sprints, some high rep circuits or even just going down to the beach and throwing some rocks around.

My diet is also as simple as i can make it. Lots of fatty meats, fish and eggs, supplemented with protein shakes. I'm not timing my meals, nor am i counting calories (roughly, i can't help but estimate cause i've done this for so long i just know whats in what)

And that's it.

Bada bing bada boom.

No "shocking" your muscles, No pre exhaust or any bullshit. just spending time under the bar.

Fool proof

re: diet... No carbs?

RhinoBalls 01-19-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narkissos (Post 141384)
re: diet... No carbs?

not intentionally a low carb diet, just going for the most calorie and nutrient dense foods. I'm not being carb phobic though, if i'm on the run and all i can get is a sandwich or a burger i'm going to eat the burger. or if i'm at a friends house and they get a pizza. i'm going to eat that pizza like it's going out of fashion.

BTS 01-19-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RhinoBalls (Post 141323)
i do very very light weight ( we're talking an empty bar ) curls, skulls, front raises, OH press, calve raises, squats with a band around my knees, band pull aparts ect... for a hell of a lot of reps, 100+

I've had a lot of shoulder niggles, so I pay particular attention to that.

but it all plays into general conditioning aswell.

Oh ok, so no surgery. That's good.
Pre-hab is a common phrase/term used in the rehab world to describe the period of strengthening prior to sx. (ie. ACL reconstruction) - the idea is to increase a patients strength prior to sx in hopes of having less of a drop in baseline strength post-sx. With ACL for example, the atrophy is so significant that ROM and strength are two of the greatest hurdles immediately post-op.

RhinoBalls 01-30-2013 04:29 PM

Since this is a log, I should probably update it.

Getting back into lifting is hard.

Today.
Squats - 6 sets 9 reps at 90% (fuck this shit!!!)

Power jerks - 5 reps up to 80% 8 sets 3 reps

OH squats - 5 reps up to 80% then...

Squat jerks - 80% 5 sets 3 reps

1 power jerk, 2 split jerks. - work up to 95% then...

2 split jerks - 3 sets at 95%

I know what you're thinking "doesn't sound like a push pull squat to me" but i love oly lifting too much to let it die. So it's going to more like

Snatch
Clean and jerk
Squats.