Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Fat-loss tips - Diet & Supplement Questions
Connect with Facebook

Fat-loss tips - Diet & Supplement Questions Atkins? South Beach? Carbs? Kcals? Creatine? Protein? What? er? ARRRG! Got a diet or Supplement question? Get help with it here!!!

Old 07-15-2011
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperFalcon View Post
The common placebo combo of and overkill.

The :
#truth

Quote:
What they tell you is that many of the ingredients target different metabolic processes that eventually lead to an increase in Free Fatty Acid release from the fat cells, either by targeting the fat cells directly or increasing the activity of organs that will use them for other metabolic processes. Currently, the thyroid is the target of choice. What they don't tell you is that in most cases you'd need a giant load of said ingredient to have a marked effect, and chances are if the effect is immediately noticeable, it's already too strong. So to make sure that they can't get sued, they place a small amount in the product; not enough to actually do much but enough to say it's there and flash the scientific report to say that it works. The final kicker is that even if the synergistic effect does produce an increase in FFA release due to increased lipolysis, without an increased fuel demand and an increased oxygen uptake to burn said fuel, all those FFAs will simply return to storage. You've gained nothing, but you've lost nothing either.
^^#EpicTruth

Quote:
The overkill:

That's where the stimulants come in. They're supposed to propel you into a hyper-energized state, allowing you to push your workouts for longer and thus burn more fuel. Most of these are epinephrine precursors/analogues or stimulate its release. Mistakenly, many people engage in high intensity workouts which require more carbohydrates than fat due to the sudden energy demand under which the body is placed, then replace those carbs with their post workout drink. Here, little to no fat has been used and the massive insulin spike may end up promoting fat storage rather than the intended glycogen uptake. Some people don't work out at all, burning out their adrenal system with the over-secretion of epinephrine and leaving it to flood their body and overstimulate their nervous system to create that jittery effect. Of course, companies once again avoid getting sued for this by warning you not to use it for an extended period of time and taking a few weeks off to let your body readjust to normal levels. Worse yet, some combine these stimulants with high intensity workouts and an excessive calorie restriction which they usually try to achieve by completely eliminating carbs and/or fats from their diet. Without those, the body quickly switches from fat to protein as its fuel source and muscle is lost instead.
#LoadsOfTruth.

Quote:
Hopefully I haven't come across as a complete scare monger up there, but the basic message is that even if most fat burners were properly designed to work effectively, most people aren't using them correctly because their diet and exercise regimes aren't properly structured for their goals, or they don't have one because they expect the fat burner to do all the work.
#AintThatTHeTruth

Quote:
So, a bottle of Nescafe, a bar of dark chocolate, A Tiger Malt and a bottle of Histal, all thrown together and boiled with a stick of cinnamon? *mad scientist laugh*

All jokes aside, when I was competing my concoction was pretty much similar lol:

Whizz (aspirin, pseudoephedrine) + instant coffee between my weight-training and cardio workouts (due to the fact that i did my cardio PWO).

Ripped Fuel (ECA) + Yohimbine every 4 or so hours.

B-complex vitamins + chromium w/ every meal

/end

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 07-15-2011
Former Co-Admin. Cherished friend. RIP
Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

t-gunz has a brilliant future
t-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to t-gunz

waht doses yohimbine were you running nark ?

motivation pictures client/moderator : Bobby Stealz:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/album.php?albumid=9
-if this doesn't get you motivated nothing will

New Members threads of interest:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4965
-includes dieting, training, injury
-articles by narkside staff
Old 07-15-2011
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

^^I honestly couldn't say tommy. It was just an add-on back in the day, so I never really made note of it. Besides, I liked it as a sex-aide

Before, the guidelines for ephedrine/ephedra akaloids suggested no more than 120mg over the course of the day... and that's pretty much what i used where ephedrine was concerned. (yea.. i know you didn't ask )

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Old 07-15-2011
Owner | Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narkissos View Post
^^I honestly couldn't say tommy. It was just an add-on back in the day, so I never really made note of it. Besides, I liked it as a sex-aide

Before, the guidelines for ephedrine/ephedra akaloids suggested no more than 120mg over the course of the day... and that's pretty much what i used where ephedrine was concerned. (yea.. i know you didn't ask )

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Oh... I forgot. I had some clients using yohimbine years ago for preps. 4-8mg 2-3 times per day.

I'd have to dig through a load of older client templates to confirm though.