Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Fat-loss tips - Diet & Supplement Questions
Connect with Facebook

Fat-loss tips - Diet & Supplement Questions Atkins? South Beach? Carbs? Kcals? Creatine? Protein? What? er? ARRRG! Got a diet or Supplement question? Get help with it here!!!

Old 08-28-2008
NarkSide Virgin

Jakspro is on a distinguished road
Default Thinking about First Show

Well, as the title indicates I'm considering doing my first show, but I have a few questions as to see if I have adequate time to prepare.

I want to shoot for August of '09 -- Giving me 1 full year to bring up my weak body parts (Upper chest and delts).

Here is my dilemma: I had to stop training for about a year, rather, I trained on and off due to finishing my Undergrad research and getting into Grad school, ect. (good news is that I'm a published scientist, got in Grad school, and teaching at my University), sometimes life gets in the way of my fitness. Believe me I really hated letting myself go physically, which led me to a bad mental state of mind. Regardless, I'll get off my soap box and get back to the point. During that year of not being consistent I lost a decent amount of muscle and gained a significant amount of fat.

My stats:
5'10
BF 18% - Used an electronic scale and definitely think its over estimating but for conservative sake we can use that

What I'm asking is, in order not to get my hopes up (and be realistic) would you think it is possible (with unlimited dedication) to be able to step on stage next fall considering I'm at an upper limit on BF?

I'm really embarrassed of asking such a vague question, but I need to get a reality check - as in my mind, I believe I can and I have to let go of this bias.

It will be a tested show, and I know 1st is probably out of reach, but I just want to step on stage confidently and not disappoint the sport.

PS. I'll try to get some photos up, if that'll better assist y'all.
Old 08-28-2008
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thinking about First Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakspro
What I'm asking is, in order not to get my hopes up (and be realistic) would you think it is possible (with unlimited dedication) to be able to step on stage next fall considering I'm at an upper limit on BF?
Yes.

That's the short answer.

I could get you in shape in 10-16 weeks from this point personally.

Even if you did it without outside assistance it'd be more than 'just possible'.

First step is to believe it.

This is where a lot of people fall short.

Props to all you've achieved... It shows that you can focus and prioritize.

I have no doubt that you'll be able to transfer these talents over to a contest prep.

Get those pics up.

We've a lot of guys here who can help you on your way. :)

That's what this place is all about: support... and success.

-C

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 08-29-2008
NarkSide Virgin

Here we go...
Things to keep in mind: I'm on Creatine and I'm on a high sodium intake (I need the water retention for joints after not working at a high intensity for over a year)

These pictures are taken anywhere from about 3 weeks of each other, with about 2-5 weeks of training consistently (you dont want to see the photos while I wasn't training, even worse than these)

Old 08-29-2008
NarkSide Virgin

+1
Old 08-29-2008
NarkSide Virgin

+1
Old 08-29-2008
NarkSide Virgin

Last
Old 08-29-2008
NarkSide Virgin

Ya, I am probably at 18% BF, maybe even higher? I also am noticing that I have a weaker back than I thought -- Def have alot of fat/water there.

I have alot to work on, I'll be putting together a plan shortly, probably this weekend. Let me know if y'all think I have a slim chance of making it.
Old 08-29-2008
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

I'd put you at 16%.. though it's hard to say seeing that these a bunch of partial pics. (you might actually be lower)

Not easy to assemble a full picture from this jigsaw.

I think you're a decent place.

-CNS

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11