Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions
Connect with Facebook

Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions Get your workout questions answered here! See and discuss training videos from around the web!

Old 11-08-2013
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 1,423, Level: 22 Points: 1,423, Level: 22 Points: 1,423, Level: 22
Level up: 23%, 77 Points needed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Activity: 33%
Activity: 33% Activity: 33% Activity: 33%

Hunte is on a distinguished road
Default Forearm Injury: Recovery Suggestions?

A preamble: Recently, my P.T. has put me into conditioning, using a lot of kettlebells. For those of you who don't use them, you can develop bruises on your forearms from where the kettlebell weight rests, or impacts your forearm, depending on the exercise. I also attempted an exercise last week called the Turkish Get Up, which didn't quite work out. I thought I had sprained a muscle in my left forearm because of all the time I spent while learning the exercise with my weight on it.

So, bad news: I'm pretty sure that the stress the Turkish Get Ups put on my forearm was more than just a sprain. Doing the kettlebell workouts I did Monday and Wednesday didn't help, and when I tried to push and prod at my muscles to find the one affected, I found no muscle pain, only pain at the bone when I put certain stresses on it. So I'm relatively certain that I've suffered a microfracture or small fracture of some kind. I'm gonna take it easy on the heavy lifts and kettlebells, do light weights with pauses to still work the muscle.

But this brings me to a question: Have any of you suffered an injury similar to this before? How did you cope? Any recovery tips or tips for exercises/movements I can do while this heals up?