Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Members' Personal Area
> Hobbies & Talent Show-case
Connect with Facebook

Hobbies & Talent Show-case Think you're talented? Got a cool hobby? Well here's the place to show it off!

Old 11-23-2009
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 337,339, Level: 100 Points: 337,339, Level: 100 Points: 337,339, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

StrawberrySun has a brilliant future
StrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant future
Default She Smells The Same.

This is a fairly old piece, based on true events.

She Smells The Same.

She looks up from her book and smiles when she sees him approaching. There isn't a lot of space on the bench, but she scoots around so that he can get in next to her, and now they are kind of squished, four people on this one bench, but at least he fit.

You're extremely late.
Not really.
I'm a fossil now.
*Laughter*

He hasn't been this close to her in some time, years in fact, and when their arms brush she inches away slightly. It's not a conscious movement. She was just never really the "touchy feely" type. He smiles at the memory.

What's so funny?
Oh nothing.
You sure?
Yea, I am.

This isn't a chance meeting. He's just collecting something he needs that she so graciously offered to lend him. It's a step forward, he thinks, considering how things were before. It's always tough rebuilding a friendship after a particularly gruesome break up. Or most any break up for that matter. This one was particularly gruesome. Not to mention all his fault.
He's collected his item and they just sit there. The lady next to her moves, so she takes this opportunity to put some more space between them. Nothing personal. She just likes her space. They talk about work and the weather and surface topics like that. He compliments her on her outfit, she compliments him on his shoes. The conversation is light and easy. There is no snapping, no name calling, no cynicism, sarcasm or facetiousness. It's actually quite nice, and he begins to think that it's too bad they actually have to get up and go to their separate work places.

She is observing the homeless man who is begging for money or food or drugs or alcohol or all of the above, and commenting on the state of the world and the inhumanity of it all. And he takes this time to look at her like he hasn't been able to in a while. Not alot has changed about her. She smiles less these days, but everything else is pretty much the same. There are wrinkles on her forehead where she squints when the sun hits her face. A rogue eyelash has fallen and now rests on her cheek. He wants to take it off, but doesn't. He wants to pull a piece of lint off her pants, but doesn't. He thinks he should go.

I guess I should get to work now.
I guess so.
*beat*
You smell the same.
As what? As ever?
Yea.
*beat*
Oh. Is that good?
Yea. Very good.

And he wants to press his face into her skin to take the scent with him, but he can't. So he doesn't. But it's amazing how one very light scent brought back years and years of memories in a sweeping rush that cascaded through his head and made his throat tight.

See you around then.
Yea.
Thanks again.
No problem.
Bye darling.
I'm not 'darling'.

There it was. That reminder. Yes, this was nice, great conversation and all that, but don't get carried away now.

Sorry. Bye.
Bye.
Old 11-23-2009
Member of the month - October 2010
Points: 123,251, Level: 100 Points: 123,251, Level: 100 Points: 123,251, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

NightTrain has a brilliant future
NightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant futureNightTrain has a brilliant future

good one
Old 11-23-2009
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 337,339, Level: 100 Points: 337,339, Level: 100 Points: 337,339, Level: 100

StrawberrySun has a brilliant future
StrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant future

Thanks, NT.

It's a piece that I love and it's a piece that I hate.
Old 08-31-2014
NarkSide Virgin
Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1 Points: 59, Level: 1
Level up: 18%, 41 Points needed
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

sharpayvargas1 is on a distinguished road

Yes. The scent that brings regrets. I love how my boyfriend smells with his perfume or his sweat. I'm not gonna let him go for his scent is the one that I breathe. To avoid all the drama stuff, I'm gonna keep my boyfriend as long as I can. I will hug and kiss him all I want. The point I'd want the emphasize is a current boyfriend that smells the same will never smell as good as an ex-boyfriend that smells the same.