Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Fat-loss tips - Diet & Supplement Questions
Connect with Facebook

Fat-loss tips - Diet & Supplement Questions Atkins? South Beach? Carbs? Kcals? Creatine? Protein? What? er? ARRRG! Got a diet or Supplement question? Get help with it here!!!

Old 04-06-2011
NarkSide Nympho
Points: 71,494, Level: 100 Points: 71,494, Level: 100 Points: 71,494, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

RhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant future
RhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by green182 View Post
re-feeds?
when dieting, generally people drop carbs. after a while the metabolism starts to slow down. Carbs fire it right back up again and boost leptin levels (a chemical which demolishes fat)

it's the same principle of a cheat meal. only cleaner. cheat meals can be anything. re-feeds are strict, calculated carb loads. high carbs, moderate protein, low fat.

typically people start with high GI foods to restore muscle glycogen, then move onto complex carbs. some people have 48 hour refeeds, some only require 4-6.
Old 04-06-2011
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 2,532, Level: 32 Points: 2,532, Level: 32 Points: 2,532, Level: 32
Level up: 55%, 68 Points needed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

green182 is on a distinguished road

^^Very informative. Thanks
Old 04-13-2011
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,544,205, Level: 100 Points: 10,544,205, Level: 100 Points: 10,544,205, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoBalls View Post
when dieting, generally people drop carbs. after a while the metabolism starts to slow down. Carbs fire it right back up again and boost leptin levels (a chemical which demolishes fat)

it's the same principle of a cheat meal. only cleaner. cheat meals can be anything. re-feeds are strict, calculated carb loads. high carbs, moderate protein, low fat.

typically people start with high GI foods to restore muscle glycogen, then move onto complex carbs. some people have 48 hour refeeds, some only require 4-6.
Repping you for this post.

Good job!

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 04-15-2011
Successful NarkSide Client
Points: 1,420, Level: 22 Points: 1,420, Level: 22 Points: 1,420, Level: 22
Level up: 20%, 80 Points needed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Sha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud ofSha Sha Gabor has much to be proud of

My two pence:

A couple of years ago I remember Chris Rock stating that Americans have too much. He said it was evident from the rise in food intolerances that Americans have too much. He then asked how Somalians would react if packages of powdered milk were dropped off in regions where the people had little food... He queried whether or not they would refuse the milk on the basis that they were lactose intolerant....

Westerners are privileged to be able to eat for desire as opposed to necessity. It’s only when one embarks on a performance based diet that our emotional dependence on food is exposed. At its simplest, a meal should consist of protein, carbohydrates and fats which provide essential vitamins and minerals, right? However, due to social conditioning we have all these stipulations on what a meal is. For some it’s the temperature of the food that defines it as a meal, for others it’s the inclusion of dessert, for others it’s the type of macronutrient that determines which meal it is and the list goes on.

This is where the concept of the cheat meal comes into the argument.

For anyone who is undergoing a strict nutrition regime, the changes can be mentally arduous. In many cases, people have to challenge the social conditioning that has occurred for decades. Like Pavlov’s dog, there seems to be a physiological reaction that accompanies certain stimuli. In my case, lunch and dinner do not feel complete unless they are sealed with a sweet dish of some sort. Apparently this is due to my upbringing in America. In order to overcome this, I have begun doing the following after some meals: gargling with artificially flavoured mouthwash, eating a little sugar free jello or drinking hot sugar-free Robinsons squash to convince the brain that the meal is done. Hopefully these are just interim measure until my brain creates new patterns.

Food for many a Westerner is like a scent. It has an emotional stamp which is where the cheat meal and the concept of rewards come into play.

I do believe that cheat meals have a physiological benefit as well. Using myself as an example (again) - I LOVE chocolate! Hotel Chocolat and Green and Black are top of the list. After going for long periods of time without chocolate, when I do eat it, the sensation is phenomenal and I only need a little to satisfy the sweet tooth. Anything over ‘a little’ and I begin to feel ill. This is great news! It means that overtime, my body will adapt mentally, physically and emotionally to chocolate so that it can be incorporated sparingly (when I’m not prepping for shows that is). In this sense, the cheat meal is working to reconditioning my approach to chocolate.

I’ve also heard rumours that they cheat meal can sometimes shock the body into increasing the metabolism which does make sense.

One thing I have learned about the cheat meal is that it needs to be sensible. If your diet has no dairy or gluten because you are intolerant to them, eating a cheat meal with dairy and gluten is just dumb. Fact. If the portion sizes in your diet are moderate, eating a ‘super sized’ meal is just dumb. Fact.

In short, the human body is an amazing machine – as is the brain that controls it. It is down to each individual to find the ‘cheat meal’ solution that works for them and take ownership of their neuro-linguistic association with food.
Old 04-16-2011
Jacked Fatty Moderator
Points: 91,068, Level: 100 Points: 91,068, Level: 100 Points: 91,068, Level: 100
Activity: 9%
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

CBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant future
CBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant futureCBGB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to CBGB Send a message via Yahoo to CBGB

Excellent post.

repped
Old 04-17-2011
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,544,205, Level: 100 Points: 10,544,205, Level: 100 Points: 10,544,205, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Great post Sha!

Old 05-29-2011
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 337,339, Level: 100 Points: 337,339, Level: 100 Points: 337,339, Level: 100
Activity: 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

StrawberrySun has a brilliant future
StrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant futureStrawberrySun has a brilliant future

Bump!
Old 05-29-2011
Owner | Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha Sha Gabor View Post
My two pence:

A couple of years ago I remember Chris Rock stating that Americans have too much. He said it was evident from the rise in food intolerances that Americans have too much. He then asked how Somalians would react if packages of powdered milk were dropped off in regions where the people had little food... He queried whether or not they would refuse the milk on the basis that they were lactose intolerant....

Westerners are privileged to be able to eat for desire as opposed to necessity. Itís only when one embarks on a performance based diet that our emotional dependence on food is exposed. At its simplest, a meal should consist of protein, carbohydrates and fats which provide essential vitamins and minerals, right? However, due to social conditioning we have all these stipulations on what a meal is. For some itís the temperature of the food that defines it as a meal, for others itís the inclusion of dessert, for others itís the type of macronutrient that determines which meal it is and the list goes on.

This is where the concept of the cheat meal comes into the argument.

For anyone who is undergoing a strict nutrition regime, the changes can be mentally arduous. In many cases, people have to challenge the social conditioning that has occurred for decades. Like Pavlovís dog, there seems to be a physiological reaction that accompanies certain stimuli. In my case, lunch and dinner do not feel complete unless they are sealed with a sweet dish of some sort. Apparently this is due to my upbringing in America. In order to overcome this, I have begun doing the following after some meals: gargling with artificially flavoured mouthwash, eating a little sugar free jello or drinking hot sugar-free Robinsons squash to convince the brain that the meal is done. Hopefully these are just interim measure until my brain creates new patterns.

Food for many a Westerner is like a scent. It has an emotional stamp which is where the cheat meal and the concept of rewards come into play.

I do believe that cheat meals have a physiological benefit as well. Using myself as an example (again) - I LOVE chocolate! Hotel Chocolat and Green and Black are top of the list. After going for long periods of time without chocolate, when I do eat it, the sensation is phenomenal and I only need a little to satisfy the sweet tooth. Anything over Ďa littleí and I begin to feel ill. This is great news! It means that overtime, my body will adapt mentally, physically and emotionally to chocolate so that it can be incorporated sparingly (when Iím not prepping for shows that is). In this sense, the cheat meal is working to reconditioning my approach to chocolate.

Iíve also heard rumours that they cheat meal can sometimes shock the body into increasing the metabolism which does make sense.

One thing I have learned about the cheat meal is that it needs to be sensible. If your diet has no dairy or gluten because you are intolerant to them, eating a cheat meal with dairy and gluten is just dumb. Fact. If the portion sizes in your diet are moderate, eating a Ďsuper sizedí meal is just dumb. Fact.

In short, the human body is an amazing machine Ė as is the brain that controls it. It is down to each individual to find the Ďcheat mealí solution that works for them and take ownership of their neuro-linguistic association with food.
Reposted :)

Old 09-03-2011
Former Co-Admin. Cherished friend. RIP
Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

t-gunz has a brilliant future
t-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to t-gunz

well after doing a strict diet for a peroid of 4 weeks and then having a cheat meal.

all that i found was it made me look bloated. felt like shit. was heavier next day.

so i do not think there beneficial at all. i think its a mere excuse just to eat shit.

motivation pictures client/moderator : Bobby Stealz:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/album.php?albumid=9
-if this doesn't get you motivated nothing will

New Members threads of interest:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4965
-includes dieting, training, injury
-articles by narkside staff
Old 09-03-2011
Retired Staff Member - Successful Client
Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1 Points: 10, Level: 1
Level up: 19%, 40 Points needed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Activity: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Bobbystealz is on a distinguished road
Bobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished roadBobbystealz is on a distinguished road

A cheat meal never really effected me. But my cheat meal was maybe on slice pizza or something not really a whole meal or alot of calories just wanted to get the taste.

Every persons body is different though and also depends on how big the cheat meal is. 300 calorie slice of pizza or 3000 calorie whole pizza.