Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Articles
> Articles > News and Politics Forum
Connect with Facebook

News and Politics Forum Recent News and Occurrences in the Political scene around the world...

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Prolific
Points: 129,571, Level: 100 Points: 129,571, Level: 100 Points: 129,571, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 96%
Activity: 96% Activity: 96% Activity: 96%
Ronelle_King has a brilliant future
Ronelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant future
Default 9-Year-Old's 'My Little Pony' Backpack Banned by School
by Ronelle_King 03-26-2014, 04:25 PM

By ABC News | ABC News Blogs

One backpack is at the center of a national firestorm.

The always cheerful cartoon horses of "My Little Pony" have made Grayson Bruce, 9, the subject of bullying at his Buncombe County, N.C., elementary school.

"It made me feel devastated," Grayson told ABC News of the behavior he has endured. "I didn't think I was going to get the reaction that I got."

But it's the school's response to the situation that is generating controversy.

"The principal told me that we could no longer bring the bag to school," Grayson's mother, Noreen Bruce, explained. "That he as a principal had the right to ban anything that he believed was a distraction."

That triggered an outpouring of support for Grayson and the backpack he uses as a lunchbox.

Nearly 50,000 likes on the "Support for Grayson" Facebook page and a Change.org petition reaching more than 6,000 signatures and counting, calling for the school to allow Grayson to bring his backpack.

"Saying a lunchbox is a trigger for bullying is like saying a short skirt is a trigger for rape," said Bruce. "It's flawed logic."

"I didn't know why they weren't focusing on the big picture," Grayson added.

"The focus should have been more on educating the entire school body instead of actually isolating the child who is being bullied," said parenting expert Dr. Karyn Gordon.

The principal was unavailable for comment and a school district official told
ABC News: "Our schools take any allegations of bullying seriously and work diligently in all cases to resolve the issues in the best interest of students."

But Grayson's mom says it's not enough.

"The statement sounds great on paper, but they are not implanting any of those things," Bruce said.

For now, Grayson is being schooled at home, where he can have any backpack he wants.

And his solution? The 9-year-old believes everyone should have the guts to do what they want to do, no matter what others think.

Grayson's mom said she is meeting with the school superintendent this week.

Taken from: http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...ting.html?vp=1

Comments

Old 04-01-2014
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,560,499, Level: 100 Points: 10,560,499, Level: 100 Points: 10,560,499, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

You sent your lil dude kid to school with a my little pony backpack?

Might as well send him a in pink skirt while you're at it.

#Fail

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11