Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Articles
> Articles > News and Politics Forum
Connect with Facebook

News and Politics Forum Recent News and Occurrences in the Political scene around the world...

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
The UnderBoss
Points: 924,233, Level: 100 Points: 924,233, Level: 100 Points: 924,233, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%
Booz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant future
Booz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to Booz
Default World of Warcraft is "more addictive than crack cocaine",
by Booz 03-01-2009, 04:22 PM

The massively popular fantasy role-playing game World of Warcraft is "more addictive than crack cocaine", experts have warned.

Some 11 million play World Of Warcraft

The computer game, played by millions, has been dubbed "the most dangerous game on the market" by addiction therapists at Sweden's Youth Care Foundation.

A 15-year-old Swedish boy collapsed and went into convulsions after playing it for 24 hours earlier this month.

The report's author Sven Rollenhagen said: "There is not a single case of game addiction that we have worked with in which World of Warcraft has not played a part.

"It is the crack cocaine of the computer gaming world. Some people are literally unable to drag themselves away and will play it till they drop."

The Swedish National Institute of Public Health backed the report, adding: "Computer game addiction is becoming more widespread in Sweden and across the world.

"There is no known medical diagnosis of conditions brought on by excessive game-playing, but it is clear they have a very powerful addictive hold over many people who use them."

The boy was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with an epileptic-type seizure brought on by sleep deprivation, lack of food, and too much time in front of a screen.

The game's US makers Blizzard Entertainment say 11 million people worldwide play World of Warcraft.

Psychiatrist Dr Richard Graham, of London's Tavistock Centre, said: "Some of my clients will discuss playing games for 14, 16 hours a day at times, without breaks and without attending to their physical needs.

"For those, the consequences are potentially severe."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wor...0902415231644?

From Fat to Fit Getnarked.net:

For all your Fitness needs
I may be fat, but I dont wanna be skinny.
Views 6353 Comments 10
Total Comments 10

Comments

Old 03-01-2009
The UnderBoss
Points: 924,233, Level: 100 Points: 924,233, Level: 100 Points: 924,233, Level: 100

Booz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant future
Booz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant futureBooz has a brilliant future
Default Re: World of Warcraft is "more addictive than crack cocaine",

is it??

Never played it before as im not a big fan of game playing......................

Old 03-01-2009
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future
Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

Never played WoW either, but when I was in 7th-9th grade I could easily spend 8-9 hours a day playing on weekdays and 15-16 hours day on weekends. This is just todays stupid panic, previously it was rock music, VCR's, violent video games etc that was fucking up the kids, now its the online games. Has anyone ever thought that the real problem might just be bad parenting, but no no that would acctually mean people taking responsibilities instead of blaming everything else :angry:

Old 03-01-2009
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 151,319, Level: 100 Points: 151,319, Level: 100 Points: 151,319, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

O-Dog will become famous soon enoughO-Dog will become famous soon enough

It's a good game no doubt, but a little too repetitive for me, and the economics in the game suck
Old 03-01-2009
Retired Super Moderator
Points: 147,882, Level: 100 Points: 147,882, Level: 100 Points: 147,882, Level: 100
Activity: 71%
Activity: 71% Activity: 71% Activity: 71%

Prada has a brilliant future
Prada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant futurePrada has a brilliant future

Jesus Christ!!! Johan you played for 24 hours straight!

Quote:
"There is no known medical diagnosis of conditions brought on by excessive game-playing, but it is clear they have a very powerful addictive hold over many people who use them."
oh oh here we go again. I wonder what disease they have?
Old 03-02-2009
The UnderBoss

id rather do the ''drugs''..................

Old 03-02-2009
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 151,319, Level: 100 Points: 151,319, Level: 100 Points: 151,319, Level: 100
Activity: 8%
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

O-Dog will become famous soon enoughO-Dog will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booz
id rather do the ''drugs''..................
Do both and you'll feel as if you're actually in the World of Warcraft
Old 03-02-2009
The UnderBoss

O dog you actually look very similar to a workmate of mine.........

Old 03-02-2009
The UnderBoss

Only difference is you got Biceps lol................

Old 03-02-2009
Grip and Rip
Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Travis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan
Never played WoW either, but when I was in 7th-9th grade I could easily spend 8-9 hours a day playing on weekdays and 15-16 hours day on weekends. This is just todays stupid panic, previously it was rock music, VCR's, violent video games etc that was f*cking up the kids, now its the online games. Has anyone ever thought that the real problem might just be bad parenting, but no no that would acctually mean people taking responsibilities instead of blaming everything else :angry:

The truth FTW.....

On a side note, I will admit that I am a recovering guitar herolic. I played the game with obsession. I felt the same way with Tetris,but this time it had music. I broke my plastic guitars whammy bar off,and dulled out the sensitivity in the green button to where it's response time was bunk.

One night in particular, I can remember playing "raining blood" on expert,and it felt like I was tripping out..My eyes became blurry,but I wouldn't stop (had a song to finish dammit)...My heart was pounding,and all those damn colors were freaking me out...I don't play it anymore..I bought a real guitar and it's much more enjoyable..Plus I can play whatever I want,but I understand getting obsessed...I just don't understand killing someone over it (seems to happen a lot lately)