Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions
Connect with Facebook

Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions Get your workout questions answered here! See and discuss training videos from around the web!

Old 10-30-2009
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,484,134, Level: 100 Points: 10,484,134, Level: 100 Points: 10,484,134, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default "Tapping out is for bitches"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnO2lkrYB9k

If the name Razak Al-Hassan means anything to you at all as an MMA fan, there can only be one reason. Heís the guy who, when locked up in a tight armbar against Steve Cantwell at last Decemberís UFC Fight For The Troops, decided to go ahead and let his arm get popped on national TV by an enthusiastic sadist. It was grotesque, it was sort of dumb, and it was a learning experience. Maybe. At least, youíd think that after suffering an injury that sidelined him for several months Al-Hassan would have a healthy appreciation for the necessity of the tapout. Talking with the Las Vegas Sun (via Cage Writer) that does not appear to be the case:

Although the injury kept him out of training for four months, Al-Hassan says that he wouldnít have done a thing differently looking back on the fight.

ďAt this level, with this kind of opportunity, I want to make sure that I do everything in my power to win,Ē he said. ďIím pretty infamous for the injury now, but Iíd rather go out like that, than to not be remembered at all. At least fans know that Iím going to bring it and Iíll go out on my shield any day of the week.Ē

As much as we love the never-say-die mentality, there are times when itís better to be the guy who taps than the guy who canít train for the next four months. While no oneís questioning his tough bastard credentials, Al-Hassan still lost that fight. He just got an injury thrown in as a bonus prize.

Itís one thing if you get hurt in the process of attempting an escape, but when his elbow lost its structural integrity Al-Hassan wasnít even moving. Perhaps he was hoping Cantwell would get bored?

The story goes that Al-Hassan is now with some competent trainers and is ready to make sure heís known for something other than a gruesome injury when he faces Kyle Kingsbury at UFC 104 this weekend. The money has to be on Kingsbury, whoís a big light heavyweight training out of AKA. If he grabs a heel hook on Al-Hassan I hope the referee is listening for the sound of his knee ligaments snapping.

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 10-30-2009
Former Co-Admin. Cherished friend. RIP
Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

t-gunz has a brilliant future
t-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to t-gunz

he's soft

motivation pictures client/moderator : Bobby Stealz:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/album.php?albumid=9
-if this doesn't get you motivated nothing will

New Members threads of interest:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4965
-includes dieting, training, injury
-articles by narkside staff
Old 10-31-2009
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant future
Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant future

I saw this and to be honest I dont think he thought it was gonna break. He even defended it wrong by putting himself in a position that let the lock go deeper.It looked like the first time he was ever put in an armbar. Knowing when to tap is important because that could have been a career ending injury. There is no shame in tapping when you are gonna get severely hurt.

Boozies Daddy!!!
Old 10-31-2009
Catholic schoolgirl
Points: 7,533, Level: 60 Points: 7,533, Level: 60 Points: 7,533, Level: 60
Level up: 92%, 17 Points needed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%
Activity: 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

EPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant futureEPIC has a brilliant future

yeah why mess up a career with something like that. Broken bones never seem to be the same afterwards. Atleast in my experience !
Old 10-31-2009
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant future
Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant future

^^ Agreed. I mean fighting the submission to the very end is fine, but these moves were designed to take a person out on the battlefield when weapons and armor were being used.

Boozies Daddy!!!
Old 11-01-2009
Former Co-Admin. Cherished friend. RIP
Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

t-gunz has a brilliant future
t-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to t-gunz

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPIC View Post
yeah why mess up a career with something like that. Broken bones never seem to be the same afterwards. Atleast in my experience !

i agree i have never broken a bone but have dislocated my wrist and it's never been the same

motivation pictures client/moderator : Bobby Stealz:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/album.php?albumid=9
-if this doesn't get you motivated nothing will

New Members threads of interest:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4965
-includes dieting, training, injury
-articles by narkside staff