Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
The Water Cooler
> Ca$h, Entrepreneurship, & Shit Like that
Connect with Facebook

Ca$h, Entrepreneurship, & Shit Like that Worried about the Economy and your job security? Need help budgeting for fitness? Starting a business? Planning a trip? Job-hunting? Building that home or home-gym? Building that Resume? Investing?! Check in *here* for Opinions and Feedback! Money Matters: From Business to Recreation!!!

Old 03-09-2014
NarkSide Virgin
Points: 1,778, Level: 25 Points: 1,778, Level: 25 Points: 1,778, Level: 25
Level up: 78%, 22 Points needed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

angelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud ofangelicagapit has much to be proud of

Honestly working at home is great. It just depends on your time management skills. You can spend time with your family and do work at a different time. You just need to let them understand that you have things to do in order to provide for them.

The best advice I can give you is to segregate your time wisely. Make time for meal breaks, family breaks, and you can be able to work efficiently once you have proper time management.
Old 03-10-2014
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future
Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
I would probably be lazy as hell if working from home I suspect. Id like to try it if I ever get the oppertunity, sometimes now I do work from home though if I have to prepp a presentation or write a report or something like that. When I was finishing my masters thesis work I was working excluisvely from home running all the calcs on my home computer since it was faster than the crap cluster the research group had. Then it worked fine.

If the job is something thats done to 99% on a computer I think its nice, Id miss the interaction with co workers though because I enjoy being around and talking about interesting problems with intelligent people.
Ohh boy did that reply of mine stink of academia, the place where there actually are intelligent people interested in talking about fascinating problems .

Now a couple of years later with a few years in a "real job" under my belt I can surely say that if given the choice I would work from home full time.
Old 06-08-2014
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 5,052, Level: 48 Points: 5,052, Level: 48 Points: 5,052, Level: 48
Level up: 51%, 98 Points needed
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Activity: 12%
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

forextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant futureforextraspecialstuff has a brilliant future

I work from home and some days I like it and others I hate it. The corporation I work for seems to think that because I work from home I should work endless hours (I generally put in at least 10 hour days) it's hard to put your work aside when you know you could be reading emails, prepping for a conference call or reviewing work. The pros of working at home are the ability to wake up and get going, I don't have to make myself look great, I don't have any time going to and from work, it is a money saver, I save on transportation, a work wardrobe and also save on food. I think work from home is great for some people, but definitely not for all of us.
Old 06-10-2014
Owner | Administrator
Points: 12,360,232, Level: 100 Points: 12,360,232, Level: 100 Points: 12,360,232, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 71%
Activity: 71% Activity: 71% Activity: 71%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan View Post
Ohh boy did that reply of mine stink of academia, the place where there actually are intelligent people interested in talking about fascinating problems .

Now a couple of years later with a few years in a "real job" under my belt I can surely say that if given the choice I would work from home full time.

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 06-22-2015
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 275, Level: 5 Points: 275, Level: 5 Points: 275, Level: 5
Level up: 50%, 25 Points needed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

jamiew23 is on a distinguished road

I would like to work from home but the problem is all the distractions that surround me. At least if I was at work I would be with others and there would be others keeping me working whereas if I'm at home no one is stopping me from wondering off to the lounge to watch a bit of tv. It would be nice but I can't see myself ever doing it
Old 06-23-2015
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 3,038, Level: 35 Points: 3,038, Level: 35 Points: 3,038, Level: 35
Level up: 92%, 12 Points needed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

MyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud ofMyDigitalpoint has much to be proud of

There is a problem when some thinks to devote time to working from home.

While you can set your own schedule and have no boss whipping your ass to get the job done, the true fact is that leaving the decisions up to is not always beneficial.

And that's the point, you can't make money if you are thinking to spend time staring at the sky while sitting in the lounge or prioritizing the TV show you want to watch tonight.

To succeed when it comes to work from home is taking it as if it were a real job, set a schedule, get everything organized, and yet stick to your job outline.

True, there are too many distractions throughout the day, as there activities such as going to the gym or do the shopping list. All of these make hard to work from home, but not impossible.

Again, is about to work when those distracting elements are not an issue, as in example, after midnight... if yo ucan
Old 06-25-2015
NarkSide Virgin
Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2 Points: 111, Level: 2
Level up: 22%, 39 Points needed
Level up: 22% Level up: 22% Level up: 22%

Damien Lee is a splendid one to beholdDamien Lee is a splendid one to beholdDamien Lee is a splendid one to beholdDamien Lee is a splendid one to beholdDamien Lee is a splendid one to beholdDamien Lee is a splendid one to behold

I already work from home and it's been great so far. The positives certainly outweigh the negatives but I'll have to admit that working from home isn't for everyone.
For one, you need to be fairly disciplined and get your work done efficiently. Secondly, you have to put together your home office in such a way that you avoid distractions. Your family, and even neighbors will distract you while you should be getting work done.

Generally you need to stick to a tight regime and be tough on yourself if you start slacking off. However, if you're a very sociable person and need to be around others, working from home is probably not for you.

Last edited by Damien Lee; 06-25-2015 at 03:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2015
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8
Level up: 20%, 40 Points needed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

KimmyMarkks is on a distinguished road

I think I'd enjoy working from home at first but after a while I'd get sick of it. I need the social aspect of coworkers and having meetings face to face. I couldn't do everything over the phone or remotely. I also like getting dressed up to go into work and meet friends after work.
Don't get me wrong, I think being able to work from home is awesome and I would probably like to do it once a week I just don't think I'd enjoy working from home full time.
Ideally I would love a part time gig that would allow me to work from home but I find this is hard to fine.
Old 11-26-2015
Sr. Fornicator
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92%, 4 Points needed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Susan is on a distinguished road

I would like to work from home more so during the winter months. I hate having to go out and drive through a storm to get to work only to be sent home anyway. Other times they make you stay and going home can be right down scary. I hate the winter. I do like coming to work and socializing with co-workers. I am not sure if I would be disciplined enough to work from home during the summer months. If I was home I would be wanting to hit the beach every day!
Old 03-07-2016
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2
Level up: 26%, 37 Points needed
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%
Activity: 58%
Activity: 58% Activity: 58% Activity: 58%

explorerx7 is a splendid one to beholdexplorerx7 is a splendid one to beholdexplorerx7 is a splendid one to beholdexplorerx7 is a splendid one to beholdexplorerx7 is a splendid one to beholdexplorerx7 is a splendid one to behold

The cons:
When you are trying to start up and you sit at the computer for a number of days doing the research to seek to ensure that what any scheme in which I am involved would be worthwhile and a person or persons keep on insinuating that what I was attempting would definitely not bear fruit.
The Pros:
I am able to set my own goals
I am able to set my own working hours
Transportation cost associated with commuting to work would be eliminated
I would be my own boss.