Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions
Connect with Facebook

Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions Get your workout questions answered here! See and discuss training videos from around the web!

Old 11-25-2015
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8
Level up: 20%, 40 Points needed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

KimmyMarkks is on a distinguished road
Default Fat burners before workout

Someone told me if I'm looking to loose fat I should take a fat burning supplement right before I work out. He said that this would help speed up the fat loss. Also, that once I get to a point where I am trying to maintain my weight to stop taking it. He recommended I take a green tea supplement. Has anyone taken these? Are they healthy? I know they are loaded with caffeine and since I drink a lot of coffee I try to stay away from additional caffeine.
Old 11-27-2015
Sr. Fornicator
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92%, 4 Points needed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Susan is on a distinguished road

I have heard a lot of people who have had great success with fat burning supplements. I have not used them personally but I have read a lot up on them. They seem to be safe and effective if you don't overdo it. The more the better isn't the case. Where you drink lot of coffee, if you took fat burning supplements you may end up feeling tired, light headed and jittery. Recovering from workouts may take longer. Perhaps you could cut back on the coffee because the fat burners will boost your energy. Do you drink a lot coffee for the caffeine and added energy or is it more of addiction. Something that you have to have to function. I am not a big coffee drinker but i know people who are and they have to have it.
Old 11-29-2015
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8 Points: 410, Level: 8
Level up: 20%, 40 Points needed
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

KimmyMarkks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I have heard a lot of people who have had great success with fat burning supplements. I have not used them personally but I have read a lot up on them. They seem to be safe and effective if you don't overdo it. The more the better isn't the case. Where you drink lot of coffee, if you took fat burning supplements you may end up feeling tired, light headed and jittery. Recovering from workouts may take longer. Perhaps you could cut back on the coffee because the fat burners will boost your energy. Do you drink a lot coffee for the caffeine and added energy or is it more of addiction. Something that you have to have to function. I am not a big coffee drinker but i know people who are and they have to have it.
Thanks. Yes the biggest reason I am scared to take them is because I drink a lot of coffee. I also read that they are safe. I think I will try them for a few days and see (maybe buy a small bottle). The recovery part scared me a little bit, especially since I tend to work out in the morning before work.
Old 11-29-2015
Sr. Fornicator
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92%, 4 Points needed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Susan is on a distinguished road

I think it is a good idea to buy a small bottle and give them a try first. You should notice rather quickly if there are any negative effects. Let me know how you make out.
Old 12-08-2015
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyMarkks View Post
Someone told me if I'm looking to loose fat I should take a fat burning supplement right before I work out.
You don't 'have' to... but they can help, if applied intelligently.

Quote:
He said that this would help speed up the fat loss.
Technically, he's right.

Quote:
Also, that once I get to a point where I am trying to maintain my weight to stop taking it.
You should cycle on and off a fat burner, period. You can use it even after having reached your goal, intermittently, for an extra boost of focus/energy during workouts.

There isn't any specific rule that says that you need to stop using it because you've reached your goal weight.

Quote:
He recommended I take a green tea supplement.
Green tea is very mild.
There are better products out there.

Quote:
Has anyone taken these?
I used to use them yearsss ago, during contest prep for bodybuilding competitions.

Quote:
Are they healthy?
Provided that they've been manufactured by a good company, i.e. one that doesn't hide unsavoury ingredients in their formulae, they aren't unsafe.

Provided, also, that you don't have health issues, like high blood pressure, liver issues, etc.

Quote:

I know they are loaded with caffeine and since I drink a lot of coffee I try to stay away from additional caffeine.
I'd switch to decaf personally. Especially if you consume coffee with sugar. Sugar + caffeine is a no-no for fat-loss.

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11