Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos Keep Track of your progress here :D

Old 06-27-2014
VIP Member
Points: 11,563, Level: 74 Points: 11,563, Level: 74 Points: 11,563, Level: 74
Level up: 38%, 187 Points needed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 33 - Yay

June 27, 2014

Meal 1: oatmeal w/ banana in, tea
Meal 2: raisins and nuts (190 cals)
Meal 3: curried chicken and channa
Meal 4: 2 boiled eggs, 1 boiled plantain, 2 tbsp basmati rice, 1 orange, decaf tea

Trained with Nark yesterday, I think I did pretty well! lifting weights is oddly satisfying. I wish I had a bar, and weights, so I could try to lift more often D: Lower back is sore, that's the only thing that hurts today. Surprised that I didn't feel that workout more today, I wasn't sore today in any other parts really :/ progress?!?!

Workout:
Conditioning: Frog Burpees: 100 reps: in sets of 20 -.-

Calves: Standing Calf Raise: 100 reps - in sets of 25

Core: Floor sit-up: 100 reps - 1 set of 30, 1 set of 10, 3 sets of 20, sigh, why isn't my stomach flat yet...When it gets there, I ain't letting it get 'fat' again!
Old 06-28-2014
VIP Member

Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 34 - Shopping

June 28, 2014

Meal 1: oatmeal w/ banana and 1 scoop Designer Whey mixed in, tea, orange
Meal 2: Chicken thigh and potatoes
Meal 3: Chicken, boiled plantain, orange, oat bran cereal

Went shopping today...swimsuit shopping is always so depressing. I did manage to find one that I quite like. Apparently I'm nowhere near achieving my goals. Cannot wait.

Swapped my cardio for 3 hours of dancing
Old 06-30-2014
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Standing Dumbbell Press: 3 sets: 12 reps each - Didn't have my 10kg dumbbell as yet and I didn't go to the gym so I didn't do that
When faced with an exercise you can't do (for whatever reason) scroll through your list of exercises for that bodypart... and swap a different one in.

...for future reference

Quote:
I feel nice, as in I feel fit-ish, oddly enough. I still find it difficult to get in those 5 meals but I'm trying. I ready for my results though gotta push hard when I get over this little hurdle.
Can I eat oatmeal every day, even when its not a weight-training day? That's really the only thing I feel like eating on mornings.
Preferably, no... Particularly given your carb-dependence generally speaking.

Quote:
I've been thinking about swapping out my cardio days when I have dancing as our show is coming up in 2 weeks and I'll have practices about 3-5 times a week. However I conclude I should still do a bit of extra cardio even when I do have dancing on a cardio day just because I was out for the week and a half and clearly need to get back up to par. Today was not a good day in my opinion. Tomorrow is another day. Better tomorrow!
Acceptable.

Quote:
June 23, 2014

Meal 1: oatmeal with half apple in, cup of tea
Meal 2: Cashew nuts and 1 small fig
Meal 3: small portion rice w/ black-eyed peas, baked chicken breast, cup of coffee
Meal 4/Pre-workout bite: handful of Honey Bunches of Oats cereal (would not have had this 'meal' except for the fact that I hadn't eaten in about 6 1/2 hours, meal 3 was lunch)
Meal 5: Baked drumstick, small portion basmati rice, boiled plantain, cup of herbal tea, one cupcake (twas a baby shower gift, no regrets) (also presuming you're going to want an estimate of what 'small' is - think...the inner ring of a roll of masking tape)
No. I would've preferred that you'd turned it down... particularly seeing that you'd just come off a period of not exercising at all, and were trying to get back in the swing of things.

Quote:

Workout: Intro to Weight-Training pt 2, week 4
Treadmill warmup: 15 minutes
15 mins 30 secs - 104 cals burnt

Planks 30-60 secs per set for 3 sets
Set 1: 60 secs
Set 2: 60 secs
Set 3: 41 secs
^^^ I GETTING STRONGER OMG

Quote:
Glute Bridge: 3 sets: 30 reps ea. set - oh loss. Last set was hell but I did them dutifully

Kneeling Push-up: 3 sets: absolute muscular failure
Set 1: 15 - The first 10 of these were AMAZING. LIKE...Nose to the yoga mat low every single time. YES LORD. I coulda cry, they were that beautiful and that "easy". It was as if my heavy ass didn't weigh anything. SMALL WINS - we'll see if this translates to regular push-ups when I'm scheduled to do them.
Set 2: 13
Set 3: 12 - last two sets stopped being 'easy' after about...8 or so
Niceness :)

Quote:
Plyometric Squat: 5 sets: 10 reps ea set - definitely difficult after all the above but still managed to do all my sets. 30 secs rest between sets - Tough but the fat ain't gon burn itself, and this burneddddd.

Pike Push-up: 3 sets: absolute muscular failure
Set 1: 10
Set 2: 8
Set 3: 9
Good session!

Quote:
June 25, 2014

Meal 1: oatmeal w/ half apple, cup of tea
Meal 2: protein shake (1 1/2 scoops Designer Whey, 3/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup pineapple juice, half apple, 4 strawberries - this is the best it has ever tasted)
Meal 3: vegetable chowmein, potato salad
Meal 4: Honey Bunches of Oats + Oat Bran cereal mix w/ skimmed milk (pre-workout)
Meal 5: 2 boiled eggs, 1 plantain

I've realised that I find liquid meals very difficult. I do not appreciate the taste, neither do I feel full after. It might be that I dislike the bits that are in it (I like clear/smooth beverages). Also, protein will never be tasty, and it also seems to spoil/go off very quickly. Still trying to use the protein powder cause I'm never getting enough protein. I dislike liquid meals highly. I don't know how y'all get it done. Lemme use my teeth and bite some meat.
Eating meat is always a viable option.

It is, actually, the preferred option.

Quote:
June 27, 2014

Meal 1: oatmeal w/ banana in, tea
Meal 2: raisins and nuts (190 cals)
Meal 3: curried chicken and channa
Meal 4: 2 boiled eggs, 1 boiled plantain, 2 tbsp basmati rice, 1 orange, decaf tea

Trained with Nark yesterday, I think I did pretty well! lifting weights is oddly satisfying. I wish I had a bar, and weights, so I could try to lift more often D: Lower back is sore, that's the only thing that hurts today. Surprised that I didn't feel that workout more today, I wasn't sore today in any other parts really :/ progress?!?!
It was a good session. I think you aren't sore however, because we didn't go all out. In parts, you didn't believe that you could go heavier, though I said that I believed that you could.

And, you could have.

So, I'll work on slipping more stuff in.

Quote:
June 28, 2014

Meal 1: oatmeal w/ banana and 1 scoop Designer Whey mixed in, tea, orange
Did you figure out how to mix it so it wasn't a clumpy mess?

Quote:
Meal 2: Chicken thigh and potatoes
Meal 3: Chicken, boiled plantain, orange, oat bran cereal
What's going on with all these carbs sources and servings?

What's the rationale?

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 06-30-2014
VIP Member

Post Day 36 - sigh

June 30, 2014

Start of Phase 3: GVT (4 weeks)

Standing shoulder press: 10 sets: 10 reps [30 secs rest between sets]
*2 minutes rest*

Kneeling Push-ups: 10 sets: 10 reps [30 secs rest between sets]
*2 minutes rest* - DEATH

Bench Dips: 5 sets: Absolute Muscular Failure [30 secs
rest between sets]
*2 minutes rest*

This was hard. sigh. was not meant to be easy
Old 06-30-2014
VIP Member

[quote=Narkissos;151947]
Quote:
When faced with an exercise you can't do (for whatever reason) scroll through your list of exercises for that bodypart... and swap a different one in.
^^ THANKS, will do

Quote:
Preferably, no... Particularly given your carb-dependence generally speaking.
^ Okay, will find something other than oatmeal to eat on mornings

Quote:
Good session!
^ Twas an awesome session

Quote:
Eating meat is always a viable option.
It is, actually, the preferred option.
^ YEAH!!

Quote:
It was a good session. I think you aren't sore however, because we didn't go all out. In parts, you didn't believe that you could go heavier, though I said that I believed that you could. And, you could have.
^I still don't think so, but okay.

Quote:
Did you figure out how to mix it so it wasn't a clumpy mess?
^yes I put it in after >.< and guess what, its just making me dislike oatmeal cause it tastes odd still lol >.< That protein life like it ain't for me. I'll try another flavour and see how that goes, maybe strawberry.

Quote:
What's going on with all these carbs sources and servings?
What's the rationale?
^ Honestly? I don't feel like eating generally nowadays - usually not able to eat frequently in the first place. What's wrong with plantain? Its one of few things I REALLY REALLY REALLY like. I'm not giving that up if I can't have rice and pasta and sweets etc. Guess I won't be having oranges at the same time as plantain then, or oat bran. Oatbran is so yummy though.

Not in the best of moods lately. Very stressed. Not supposed to be stressed. Working on it before my body starts to act up. Very very very tired of everything.
Old 07-03-2014
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

26th June 2014 - Vicky

Bodyweight Squats:
5 sets: 10 reps each

Squats:
S1: 40 lbs x 10 reps
S2: 60 lbs x 6 reps
S3: 80 lbs x 4 reps

Incline press:
S1: 25 lbs x 20 reps
S2: 35 lbs x 8 reps

Deadlifts:
S1: 80 lbs x 5 reps
S2: 110 lbs x 5 reps (personal best)
S3: 110 lbs x 5 reps

Standing overhead press:
S1: 10 lb bells x 10 reps
S2: 20 lb bells x 5 reps

Stair sprint:
2 sets: 1 minutes each

Partner carry:
1 round: 205 lb partner

Old 07-03-2014
Owner | Administrator

Quote:
June 30, 2014

Start of Phase 3: GVT (4 weeks)

Standing shoulder press: 10 sets: 10 reps [30 secs rest between sets]
*2 minutes rest*

Kneeling Push-ups: 10 sets: 10 reps [30 secs rest between sets]
*2 minutes rest* - DEATH

Bench Dips: 5 sets: Absolute Muscular Failure [30 secs
rest between sets]
*2 minutes rest*

This was hard. sigh. was not meant to be easy

Understatement

Quote:
^ Honestly? I don't feel like eating generally nowadays - usually not able to eat frequently in the first place. What's wrong with plantain? Its one of few things I REALLY REALLY REALLY like. I'm not giving that up if I can't have rice and pasta and sweets etc. Guess I won't be having oranges at the same time as plantain then, or oat bran. Oatbran is so yummy though.
Oatbran is yummy. Plantain is yummy. Bread is yummy. Cake is yummy.

There are no yucky carbs.

And that's fine and all, if you pick *one* yummy carb (per meal) and stick to the recommended allotment.

That's all I'm asking.

Not 3. Not 4. Not equal, excessive servings. I'm neither asking that you starve yourself, nor deprive yourself.

I am however asking that you execute some discipline/structure.

Doesn't require stressing, or anything of the sort.

Just requires realising that you can't have everything you want/like all at once.

Quote:
Not in the best of moods lately. Very stressed. Not supposed to be stressed. Working on it before my body starts to act up. Very very very tired of everything.
Being stressed over this process is a choice.

Choose not to stress.

Old 07-08-2014
VIP Member

Post Day 44 - I've Fallen...

July 8, 2014

I'm back but...
Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!

All I want is for Nark to whup my ass with a killer workout on Thursday so I would learn my lesson cause...

Okay look:
I had a very hectic week starting July 1, which was last Tuesday which was very restraining concerning time and body. a) the week was hectic because I was preparing for our annual dance show and b) not wanting to hurt myself prior to said show, and c) chest inflammation acting up due to stress from work (I keep forgetting that I have chronic fatigue as part of it so...that doesn't always go well with a regular 8 hour job)

So now its supposed to be week two of GVT when week 1 barely even scratched the surface cause I was never home to workout. So I'd decided that I'd scrap last week as week 1 and start over the GVT phase but considering the fact that it is Tuesday and my ass is addicted to carbs and has not been home early enough to workout and get enough rest to not be tired at work at 8:30am...idk. I'll be working out from tomorrow definitely, but my mouth is my constantly a source of irritation.
I have a love of carbs like no other. one of my fms symptoms is carb craving, but just because that's an aspect of something I deal with does't mean I can just shovel carbs in when I feel like. Help, I've fallen...

In short, your girl needs to find some discipline when it comes to dieting.

So this week is officially GVT week 1. Tomorrow is cardio day. Victoria is back.
Old 07-10-2014
VIP Member

Post Day 45

July 10, 2014

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 4 strips bacon
Meal 2: 9 almonds and a banana
Meal 3: baked turkey, sweet potato, steamed veggies and 4 slices of plantain
Meal 4/Pre-workout: 9 almonds
Meal 5: 1 mango, 2 slices Anchor vegetarian cheese, 1 boiled potato, minced meat

Trained today

Woiiiii broke a record, yay

Guess who's back...
Old 07-13-2014
VIP Member

Day 47
July 12, 2014

Meal 1: eggs, 2 strips bacon
Meal 2: honestly can't remember lol
Meal 3: coucou and baked chicken
Meal 4: 1 boiled plantain

Cardio: 2 hours of dance, courtesy Dancing with the Stars dance dvds (I dance regularly, and this was still extremely intense!)