Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Articles
> Articles > Articles by NarkSide staff & Members
Connect with Facebook

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Prolific
Points: 129,571, Level: 100 Points: 129,571, Level: 100 Points: 129,571, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 96%
Activity: 96% Activity: 96% Activity: 96%
Ronelle_King has a brilliant future
Ronelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant futureRonelle_King has a brilliant future
Default Benefits of Working Out With Music
by Ronelle_King 04-24-2013, 01:00 AM

When attending your local gym, one thing you're most certain to find is someone listening to their personal music through their headphones. I know because I'm one of those people. When I go to the gym, I find it easier to work out with music. To be honest, I find everything is better with music; I get through with my chores faster, takes away the drowning silence and the list goes on. It's fun and it can be effective.

Listening to music can encourage longer workouts but that depends on the type of music you're listening to. What kind of music should you work out to? That is entirely up to you. However, it should be something that encourages you to keep moving. Working out is not an easy task and you need something to take off the edge, something that helps you achieve those fitness goals.

Music can give you that boost that keeps you moving even when you're tired or uncomfortable and about to give up this is because music distracts you from the pain.

It improves your mindset therefore the workout becomes more exciting and you're less likely to want to give up and instead keep moving.

It paces your movement which helps you to work out longer. Try matching the beat to whatever you're listening to whether you're running, walking or performing any other type of exercise.

Here are some of my examples:
1. As Your Friend - Afrojack ft Chris Brown
2. Drinking From The Bottle - Calvin Harris ft Tinie Tempah
3. Rum & Raybans - Sean Kingston
4. Blinded (Tisto & Allure x Usher) - DJ Trademark
5. Live Like We're Gonna Die Young (One Direction x Ke$ha) - No Pets Allowed
6. Rest Of My Life - Ludacris ft. Usher and David Guetta
7. Clarify (Zedd x Pryda x Tiesto x Leventina) - DJ Change
8. Surrender The Stars - Doug Bogan
9. Mammoth (Original Mix) - Dimitri Vegas, MOGUAI & Like Mike
10. Apollo (Original Mix) - Hardwell ft Amba Shepherd
Views 1990 Comments 3
Total Comments 3

Comments

Old 04-25-2013
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Good post. :)

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 04-27-2013
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future
Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

For me it really depends on what exercises I am doing. If I am going to hit 1 rm's I prefer silence, especially when doing cleans or snatches. Music doesn't really bother me but silence is preferable.

If I am hitting reps or doing interval type training I want music with a beat in it or heavy metal.
Old 09-10-2014
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 2,225, Level: 30 Points: 2,225, Level: 30 Points: 2,225, Level: 30
Level up: 25%, 75 Points needed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 96%
Activity: 96% Activity: 96% Activity: 96%

HealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant future

I love and agree with the theme and message of this article! I definitely rely on music to get me "in the right vibe" to not only "want to workout", but to give of my best when I do workout.
There are times when I'm feeling less-than-motivated to get "up and active" and into the exercise routine, and I think to myself, "Ahh well, might as well call it a day then," and I've literally turned on the radio and heard my favorite song, and then it was like my body flipped an "ON" switch up! I was moving all around the place, and in about no time, I was up and ready, in my workout gear, ready to get the job done, and in good time too!
I really do enjoy working out, but it's not every time that the vibe is there, so I always feel ultra-lost when I'm in the gym and forgot my earphones at home! It's almost as though I feel I want to curl up in a ball and sob.
Music really does minister to the soul, so I'd say, let it play on!