Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Members' Personal Area
> Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos
Connect with Facebook

Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos Keep Track of your progress here :D

Old 03-04-2008
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default Post your favorite workouts here!

Just as the title states...yep,you read it right

I want to hear everyones favorite workouts.

It could be your your favorite bicep routine, or an awesome shock routine to break the monotony.

Doesn't matter what type it is if you loved it!

I especially want to hear from you guys who don't post a log.

You guys need to share your secretes too

-CNS

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 03-15-2008
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore

millenium girl will become famous soon enoughmillenium girl will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to millenium girl
Default Re: Post your favorite workouts here!

My favorite muscle to do is chest

I do

- Flat bench Smith: 3 sets of 12 and one big set of 30 reps
- Incline press: same
- Decline press: same
- Vertical press: same

Sometimes I add a long set of 30 reps at the pec deck!
Old 03-17-2008
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenium girl
My favorite muscle to do is chest

I do

- Flat bench Smith: 3 sets of 12 and one big set of 30 reps
- Incline press: same
- Decline press: same
- Vertical press: same

Sometimes I add a long set of 30 reps at the pec deck!
What about it makes this your favorite workout?

-C

Old 07-26-2008
Grip and Rip
Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Travis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to behold

Sunday DE Upper
Flat Bench with varied band tension (usually mini's for strict hard speed) (purple with heavy weight if i'm healing well and gaining,usually many weeks into this routine). Focusing more so on bench FORM,and explosiveness throughout the lift.

Bar warmup(sometimes mulitple warm up sets)
8x3 SOMETIMES adding resistence to the last sets if the percentage isn't good enough at the time

Heavy Tri's

Close grip bench 3x5,2x3 (heavier weight)
Rolling tricep ext ,Kept around the 6 rep range working with heavy weight. Whatever it is at the time.

Shoulder pressing movement...Could be straight military. I vary push presses with seated militaries/with barbell or dumbell. Depends on the feel of the workout and my flexibility.

Face pulls- Also varied between a cable pulldown with a tricep rope, or bands.

Heavy Lat pulldowns- Could be substituted earlier if needed to focus on more.(a weakness in other words. Something I can't tell til im a month or so in)

Religious grip training- I like using an over/under superset with endless reps. I train grip twice a week. Once heavy and once lighter with a ton of reps. This is usually my heavy day..."forearmland" as the great mike brown from westside barbell once introduced me to...Makes a hell of a difference when everything feels lighter in your hands

ME lower body
I always do a raw session of squats on me day. Some people don't like to,but it's just my preference. I am still a raw lifter. I never like to get to far away from doing raw lifts. Mentally and physically it does hurt me. I have proved it to myself in the real world of lifting. Not just in my mind..However, I'm definitely not above doing different work on ME day.

Squats- Warm up- Work up to a few heavy one rep lifts. Obviously keeping track of your log to understand what "heavy" is. If I don't have it on that day,then I just don't. I still refuse to train light,and will make myself at least content with whatever i'm doing.

Box squats with bands or chains (sometimes both if I'm deeper into my routine,and gaining)
8x3. This will come off the board once again,when I'm deeper in my routine. I do a lot of heavy work on my raw squat. I still usually can endure this,but it just takes time. After awhile I can make a pretty consistent judgement of my weaknesses on my lifts. The bands are for the explosiveness out of the whole,and the chains are for my stability throughout the lift..JUDGEMENT CALL.. This exercise is a rotation exercise for me every 3 weeks...I will substitute HEAVY barbell good mornings. Always varying them after i've been doing them as well from seated to standing or vice versa. I just like doing the same exercise for 3 weeks or so to give me an idea of my strength on it,and it also makes me a little more confident of my strength all around.

Glute Ham raises- 5 sets...A form dependent lift IMHO..Grueling and uncomfortable but yields results.

This is also a time I might start subbing in heavy stiff leg deadlifts to get a better carryover. Once again,time will show you your weaknesses. It's an ongoing adjustment every few weeks to fix it.

Serious ab work- Usually either my upper or lower on this day. The latter of the two will be trained on DE lower body day with the same intensity...My preference would be lower abs with a mini or purple band tied to a power rack with my feet looped through the band. I usually train these 5-6 sets with high intensity. Abs are crucial for strength and speed...

ME Bench

Once again my preference is to still use raw weight on my main lift. It just kills my strength if I lose feel of my raw lifts..All this is total preference fwiw

Bench Press
Working up to a few heavy singles..Always keeping track of the weight in my log..The object is to increase weight as fast as you can with your singles. You can't do that if you don't know what it is..

This next time is a 3 week rotation lift. It can vary from board presses,rack lockouts,floor presses,and maybe a negative thrown in at some point...Rep scheme 8x3..Intensity level must be ridiculous to handle huge weight. There is no point in doing any of these without blowing your load on it..These are strength building monsters. You have to keep a pretty accurate idea of the weights week by week or there is no point in doing them..JMO

Usually will do a lighter session with triceps,since by this time I've already mashed them with heavy weight earlier,and have given them a strong session earlier in the week.

I like a rolling tricep press brought down by your chest and then forced out behind your head at the bottom of the movement. These can be done with any type of barbell/curl bar or dumbells. I tend to use a lighter weight and stretch my triceps for a full feeling.

Band pressdowns with suspended barbell in rack- Just a tricep smoker..Be judgemental about it

Heavy barbell rows or tbars or one arm dumbell rows-obviously personal preference and timing dependant.

Face pulls- Sometimes light with a ton of reps. Sometimes heavy with less reps. I take note of whatever I do here and train the latter the next week.

Forearms- Forearmland once again- Grip matters way more then people give credit too.

DE lower body day
I use this day to do my deadlifting. WSB isn't big on deadlifts however I am. This is the only time it makes since to incorporate deads to me. I'm fresh and my lower body is healed.

Heavy deads working up to a few heavy singles

I'll throw around the idea of doing box squats here with a slower hip release and a strong recoil out of the hole here SOMETIMES..again it's if it's a huge weakness it needs exploited..

I've actually been known to throw in rack dead lockouts either here or that "rotating spot" on ME days. I think they are essential for top end strength. You just can't get an idea of heavy weight on the top end if you don't..This once again is personally weakness dependent. If i'm slow off the floor on deads I wouldn't have done the band box squats above. I would have done speed pulls to work on explosiveness right off the floor.

Reverse hypers- Self explanatory

Sometimes I actually like doing lying leg curls here. They definitely aren't a great strength builder,but I like working my hams to death. They are a huge part of lower body day. So much power is originates from them.

Abs- either upper or lower..Depending on what I haven't done yet. In this case I would probably be caught doing some decline situps with 40's or 50's dumbells behind my head...

I also add in bicep work accordingly..It depends on how much I have left after each workut,but they are hit..
Old 08-17-2008
Owner | Administrator

^^Jeez louise.

Detailed, as usual.

:thumbup:

Old 09-19-2008
Respected Member
Points: 32,456, Level: 100 Points: 32,456, Level: 100 Points: 32,456, Level: 100
Activity: 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

TR14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal Strength
Sunday DE Upper
Flat Bench with varied band tension (usually mini's for strict hard speed) (purple with heavy weight if i'm healing well and gaining,usually many weeks into this routine). Focusing more so on bench FORM,and explosiveness throughout the lift.

Bar warmup(sometimes mulitple warm up sets)
8x3 SOMETIMES adding resistence to the last sets if the percentage isn't good enough at the time

Heavy Tri's

Close grip bench 3x5,2x3 (heavier weight)
Rolling tricep ext ,Kept around the 6 rep range working with heavy weight. Whatever it is at the time.

Shoulder pressing movement...Could be straight military. I vary push presses with seated militaries/with barbell or dumbell. Depends on the feel of the workout and my flexibility.

Face pulls- Also varied between a cable pulldown with a tricep rope, or bands.

Heavy Lat pulldowns- Could be substituted earlier if needed to focus on more.(a weakness in other words. Something I can't tell til im a month or so in)

Religious grip training- I like using an over/under superset with endless reps. I train grip twice a week. Once heavy and once lighter with a ton of reps. This is usually my heavy day..."forearmland" as the great mike brown from westside barbell once introduced me to...Makes a hell of a difference when everything feels lighter in your hands

ME lower body
I always do a raw session of squats on me day. Some people don't like to,but it's just my preference. I am still a raw lifter. I never like to get to far away from doing raw lifts. Mentally and physically it does hurt me. I have proved it to myself in the real world of lifting. Not just in my mind..However, I'm definitely not above doing different work on ME day.

Squats- Warm up- Work up to a few heavy one rep lifts. Obviously keeping track of your log to understand what "heavy" is. If I don't have it on that day,then I just don't. I still refuse to train light,and will make myself at least content with whatever i'm doing.

Box squats with bands or chains (sometimes both if I'm deeper into my routine,and gaining)
8x3. This will come off the board once again,when I'm deeper in my routine. I do a lot of heavy work on my raw squat. I still usually can endure this,but it just takes time. After awhile I can make a pretty consistent judgement of my weaknesses on my lifts. The bands are for the explosiveness out of the whole,and the chains are for my stability throughout the lift..JUDGEMENT CALL.. This exercise is a rotation exercise for me every 3 weeks...I will substitute HEAVY barbell good mornings. Always varying them after i've been doing them as well from seated to standing or vice versa. I just like doing the same exercise for 3 weeks or so to give me an idea of my strength on it,and it also makes me a little more confident of my strength all around.

Glute Ham raises- 5 sets...A form dependent lift IMHO..Grueling and uncomfortable but yields results.

This is also a time I might start subbing in heavy stiff leg deadlifts to get a better carryover. Once again,time will show you your weaknesses. It's an ongoing adjustment every few weeks to fix it.

Serious ab work- Usually either my upper or lower on this day. The latter of the two will be trained on DE lower body day with the same intensity...My preference would be lower abs with a mini or purple band tied to a power rack with my feet looped through the band. I usually train these 5-6 sets with high intensity. Abs are crucial for strength and speed...

ME Bench

Once again my preference is to still use raw weight on my main lift. It just kills my strength if I lose feel of my raw lifts..All this is total preference fwiw

Bench Press
Working up to a few heavy singles..Always keeping track of the weight in my log..The object is to increase weight as fast as you can with your singles. You can't do that if you don't know what it is..

This next time is a 3 week rotation lift. It can vary from board presses,rack lockouts,floor presses,and maybe a negative thrown in at some point...Rep scheme 8x3..Intensity level must be ridiculous to handle huge weight. There is no point in doing any of these without blowing your load on it..These are strength building monsters. You have to keep a pretty accurate idea of the weights week by week or there is no point in doing them..JMO

Usually will do a lighter session with triceps,since by this time I've already mashed them with heavy weight earlier,and have given them a strong session earlier in the week.

I like a rolling tricep press brought down by your chest and then forced out behind your head at the bottom of the movement. These can be done with any type of barbell/curl bar or dumbells. I tend to use a lighter weight and stretch my triceps for a full feeling.

Band pressdowns with suspended barbell in rack- Just a tricep smoker..Be judgemental about it

Heavy barbell rows or tbars or one arm dumbell rows-obviously personal preference and timing dependant.

Face pulls- Sometimes light with a ton of reps. Sometimes heavy with less reps. I take note of whatever I do here and train the latter the next week.

Forearms- Forearmland once again- Grip matters way more then people give credit too.

DE lower body day
I use this day to do my deadlifting. WSB isn't big on deadlifts however I am. This is the only time it makes since to incorporate deads to me. I'm fresh and my lower body is healed.

Heavy deads working up to a few heavy singles

I'll throw around the idea of doing box squats here with a slower hip release and a strong recoil out of the hole here SOMETIMES..again it's if it's a huge weakness it needs exploited..

I've actually been known to throw in rack dead lockouts either here or that "rotating spot" on ME days. I think they are essential for top end strength. You just can't get an idea of heavy weight on the top end if you don't..This once again is personally weakness dependent. If i'm slow off the floor on deads I wouldn't have done the band box squats above. I would have done speed pulls to work on explosiveness right off the floor.

Reverse hypers- Self explanatory

Sometimes I actually like doing lying leg curls here. They definitely aren't a great strength builder,but I like working my hams to death. They are a huge part of lower body day. So much power is originates from them.

Abs- either upper or lower..Depending on what I haven't done yet. In this case I would probably be caught doing some decline situps with 40's or 50's dumbells behind my head...

I also add in bicep work accordingly..It depends on how much I have left after each workut,but they are hit..
Great post BrutalStrength.
Old 09-22-2008
Owner | Administrator

bump!

Old 02-16-2009
Grip and Rip
Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Travis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to behold

Need more input in this thread. It's good to share ideas
Old 02-17-2009
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future
Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

Hmm I love all kind of westside variations, just about every workout I have posted in my log http://www.getnarked.net/forum/index.php?topic=4648.0 has been awsome and its hard to select a favorite.

But for the ultimate kick ass workouts nothing beats doggcrapp! Its more the doggcrapp method rather than any specific workout I like though. But any DC workout involving hack squats and leg presses are insane, nothing is more intense then high rep, DC rest paused hack squats. Its so nice to fall down on the floor when stepping out of the hack squats because the legs are so shoot. (yeah btw I know DC doesnt recoment rest pausing for quads but I did it anyway :) )

Old 11-25-2012
Owner | Administrator

Bump!