Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Members' Personal Area
> Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos
Connect with Facebook

Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos Keep Track of your progress here :D

Old 03-10-2011
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future
Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

9 march workout

Old 04-01-2011
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

So tomorrow is the official end of this log. Result is = failure. I went down from 96kg to 91,5 kg. Bodyfat no where near 10%. Failure has simply been due to a lack of focus, nothing else to blame. Instead of eating around 1800 kcal I have been more around 2200 kcal and that simply isn't low enough for me to lose fat efficiently without doing cardio.

Best lifts during last few weeks is a 106kg clean and near jerk, snatching has gone terrible. Did an easy 1 rep on 150kg in the squat and have done a 20 rep set with 100kg.

Not sure what I will do now, motivation is down the drain. Been WAY to busy with other things to really focus on training mentally. I still do my 5 workouts a week though.

I am thinking about cruising around maintenance for a while and throwing in some workouts with the goal of adding a bit of beef to the right places.

Something like 2-3 days centered around the olympic lifts and 2 days centered around mass gain. Not sure what mass approach I would take, either a shitload of volume or a doggcrapp'ish approach. I will see what feels like most fun.

I need a bit of a break from snatching, or at least a break from the immense focus I have had on it. My cleans are going brilliantly well and I have payed only a tenth of my focus on it compared to snatching. I probably simply need to relax with snatching.

I have the last competition tomorrow before a break for a couple of months. I have felt like crap this week in the gym so I am not expecting any PR's. Nailing a 105kg jerk would be nice though.
Old 04-01-2011
Grip and Rip
Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100 Points: 22,866, Level: 100
Activity: 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Travis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to beholdTravis Tilley is a splendid one to behold

Hey man i've followed this from start to finish. I'll throw my thoughts up,but take them with a grain of salt.

We all have similar goals. It sounds like the rest of your life is taking it's toll on your training. It's a lot easier for someone outside of the box to point a finger and say "this is what's wrong",but if you are on the inside it's much more difficult,regardless of experience. At some point it hinders us all. You have to press the reset button and start again.

If you are getting 5 workouts per week,but still having trouble focusing on what you are doing there is more going on in your head then in your body. This is coming from someone who just stopped training after 14 years for 2 years completely.Sometimes you have to get your life straight before anything else works in "harmony". I was getting sick to my stomach pre workout because I was concentrating on "if I could hit a pr or not" that specific workout. How counterproductive is that?

Take a step back and breathe. Go clear out a buffet or whatever it takes to bring you back together mentally and physically. Without both going in full harmony we are still weaker people then we can be. You can't live life on a teeter totter.

Stress is not only a workout killer,but it's a life killer.
Old 04-01-2011
The UnderBoss

Thanks for the advice mate,

I am hitting that kind of wall myself, not that I want to train. But I am banging my head against the wall due to the snatches and it has robbed a lot of the joy out of lifting and just pisses me off.

I need to mix things up so hitting the weights is fun again and pr's become less important. Right now there is a lot of stress from other causes in my life and then adding PR stress on top of that, that is just stupid!
Old 04-02-2011
The UnderBoss

I fucked up both my wrists today, so I will have to take some time of the olympic lifts. Might be needed mentally anyway. I have to figure out some kind of routine that will preserve/build explosiveness and also add some beef while not aggravating the injuries.

Somehow I lost control in the bottom of the clean, I feel back and my elbows hit the ground while I still had the bar in my hands.

Nothing is probably broken though, but both wrists are sprained or strained to the point where I had lots of pain just putting my pants on after showering. Fucking shit really. Been icing the hell out of the wrists now. Feels similar to when I injured my wrist last year, then I could not press, snatch or clean for over 3 months.

Ohh well, I guess I will spend 3 months squatting and rowing. Could have been worse!

Clip looks pretty fucking funny though lol
Old 04-02-2011
NarkSide Nympho
Points: 71,494, Level: 100 Points: 71,494, Level: 100 Points: 71,494, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

RhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant future
RhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant future

ouch buddy. grade A video though. perhaps take some time off actual weights? plyo's? sprints? bands, sled dragging? A LOT of strongman stuff has insane carryover to lifts. it's all explosive and may well give you the time you need to recover physically and mentally.

make sure you let them wrists heal up before putting them under any stress though. which i'm sure goes without saying!
Old 04-03-2011
The UnderBoss

Thanks mate,

yeah will take it easy as hell for a while. I hope I can squat fairly soon at least, otherwise there is always leg press and shit like that.
Old 04-05-2011
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoBalls View Post
ouch buddy. grade A video though. perhaps take some time off actual weights? plyo's? sprints? bands, sled dragging? A LOT of strongman stuff has insane carryover to lifts. it's all explosive and may well give you the time you need to recover physically and mentally.

make sure you let them wrists heal up before putting them under any stress though. which i'm sure goes without saying!
Agreed 100%

I don't see rowing in your near future Jo.

I wouldn't risk it at least.

Or, if you do... go with bilateral dumbbell rows, wrists neutral.

Trust me... my wrists have been fucked for months now

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 04-14-2011
Former Co-Admin. Cherished friend. RIP
Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100 Points: 191,589, Level: 100
Activity: 11%
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

t-gunz has a brilliant future
t-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant futuret-gunz has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to t-gunz

how you healing johan?

motivation pictures client/moderator : Bobby Stealz:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/album.php?albumid=9
-if this doesn't get you motivated nothing will

New Members threads of interest:http://www.getnarked.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4965
-includes dieting, training, injury
-articles by narkside staff
Old 04-14-2011
The UnderBoss

I can do everyday things now again without much problem and don't need the splints anymore. Left hand is much more fucked than right.

As far as training I can do squats(I hit a 20 rep ass to grass set with 110kg last week ) without any problem. Pendlay rows I can do but not other kind of rows and I can do deadlifts and snatch/clean pulls. I can't use straps though because the strap on my left hand pushes exactly on the spot where I have tremendous pain in the hand.

All kinds of pressing is out of question

I suspect I will be able to snatch again in a month perhaps. Cleans will take a long while.

But I will focus on getting my squat up during this period. Would be nice to hit 20 reps on 130kg or more.

Corey how did you injure your wrists?