Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions
Connect with Facebook

Muscle-Gaining tips & Workout Questions Get your workout questions answered here! See and discuss training videos from around the web!

Old 06-06-2012
NarkSide Nympho
Points: 71,494, Level: 100 Points: 71,494, Level: 100 Points: 71,494, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

RhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant future
RhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant futureRhinoBalls has a brilliant future
Default Training frequency.

Sup guys.

Recently I've been playing around with the frequency in which i train. I tried squatting everyday a while back, and it went pretty well until about 2 months in when i started to get pretty tired and knees started feeling like shit. However i put this down a lot to all the other shit i was doing too. sprints, jumps, leg ext...

For the past 3 weeks i've been squatting everyday again. front squats one day, back squats the next. Working up to a 1rm, then dropping down for 2-3 sets of 5.
similar to john broz.
However this time round i'm also trainjng twice a day with the oly lifts (so even more squating)
It also means i'm shoulder pressing everyday. which has identified a weakness in my subscap and teres minor. Generally feel like i'm more in tune with how exercises feel, when i'm going too hard ect...
i'm feeling great.

Whats all your experiences with frequent training.
Old 06-07-2012
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoBalls View Post
Sup guys.

Recently I've been playing around with the frequency in which i train. I tried squatting everyday a while back, and it went pretty well until about 2 months in when i started to get pretty tired and knees started feeling like shit. However i put this down a lot to all the other shit i was doing too. sprints, jumps, leg ext...

For the past 3 weeks i've been squatting everyday again. front squats one day, back squats the next. Working up to a 1rm, then dropping down for 2-3 sets of 5.
similar to john broz.
However this time round i'm also trainjng twice a day with the oly lifts (so even more squating)
It also means i'm shoulder pressing everyday. which has identified a weakness in my subscap and teres minor. Generally feel like i'm more in tune with how exercises feel, when i'm going too hard ect...
i'm feeling great.

Whats all your experiences with frequent training.
I love it personally.

Years ago, when I had a coach, he told me this: "Everything works in bodybuilding... but nothing works forever."

I know this isn't a bodybuilding-specific discussion... but I apply that philosophy in general to all stimuli and processes where health and fitness are concerned.

With that said: Unlike Broz's school of thought... I don't think that a person can train like that indefinitely. I love high frequency... but I believe it should be cycled in and out... namely because I don't honestly believe that all of our systems adapt at the same rate. Nothing... no processes in the body are linear. Equally so, neither are the rate of adaptation as observed between related processes.

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 06-08-2012
The UnderBoss
Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100 Points: 653,475, Level: 100
Activity: 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future
Johan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant futureJohan has a brilliant future

For me the drawback with a Broz methodology is more mental than physical. I gain better on something like starting strength or a texas method approach because it is more structured and it is easier for me to stick to it. If I know I have to do 3 sets of 5 with a certain weight I sack up and do it. If I do Broz style training it is very easy for me to talk myself out of doing those last heavy 3's and 5's. I would need a coach that tells me not to be a pussy when I am feeling lazy and tells me to tone it down when I feel like a million bucks. I just suck at auto regulation.

How is your oly lifting progressing mate?
Old 06-11-2012
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100 Points: 10,653,704, Level: 100

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

^^Mine?

Had to back off 'em.

Stopped 'feeling good'... for lack of a better way of putting it.

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 10-20-2012
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 527, Level: 10 Points: 527, Level: 10 Points: 527, Level: 10
Level up: 54%, 23 Points needed
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 47%
Activity: 47% Activity: 47% Activity: 47%

deadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud ofdeadsquat has much to be proud of

I train three times per week using a full body routine. I have made good gains using this routine, the muscles respond well to the higher frequency. I might return to the traditional bodybuilding style split training each body part once per week but I'm happy with full body training for now.