Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Members' Personal Area
> Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos
Connect with Facebook

Members' Logs, Pictures, & Videos Keep Track of your progress here :D

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-19-2014
Narkissos's Avatar
Narkissos Narkissos is offline
Owner | Administrator
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 48,175
Real Name: Corey
Rep Power: 716
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default Vicky's Log

Client Screen Name: Vicks

Name: Victoria

Sex: Chick

Current Weight: 147 lbs (@ 5' 3")

Current Bodyfat Percentage: 26.4% (via caliper 7 point analysis)


Measurements:



  • Bust/Chest: 34"
  • Waist: 28"
  • Hips: 42"
  • Upper Thighs: 24 "
  • Lower Thighs: 18 "
  • Calves: 16"
  • Forearms: 9"
  • Neck: 13"
  • Upper Arms (unflexed): 10 "



Additional considerations:

Vicky is hyperflexible. Oddly enough however, her hips are tight.

Posture: forward-sloping shoulders (indicative of weak upper-back musculature).


Illnesses:

Asthma, Costochondritis (Chest Inflammation), Fibromyalgia.


Injuries & Other Considerations: NA.

Current Level of Activity: "Lightly" active.

Absolute Goals for this Getnarked.net/Apollo Fitness Barbados Consultation: In her own words: "Become healthier, lose weight, learn how to maintain a proper diet for weight loss and weight management, how to manage my exercise for my conditions while still maintaining a high fitness level."

My thoughts: Love of sugar will be the most difficult hurdle for Vicky. We need some workarounds, and better habits.

________________________________________________

Welcome aboard Vicky!

~C
__________________
___________________
My training journals: 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
My training Videos? View 'em Here!

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2014
Narkissos's Avatar
Narkissos Narkissos is offline
Owner | Administrator
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 48,175
Real Name: Corey
Rep Power: 716
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default

20th May 2014

Stats: 5'3; 147 lbs @ 26.4% bf
Injuries: NA
Additional considerations: Fibromyalgia; forward slope to shoulders (indicative of weak upper back musculature)

Warm-up & Mobilisation work:

Spin bike: 6 minutes

Deep squat hold:
S1: 1 minute
S2: 2 minutes

Comments: Victoria is hyperflexible... But her hips/groin have some tightness. Our goal here was to get the hips to 'open'

Workout:
Inverted suspended rows:
3 sets: 5 reps each

Push-ups:
3 sets: 3 reps each

Comments: these were full push-ups. Their execution was shaky, but strong

Dumbbell pullover on plyo box:
S1: 10 lb bell x 5 reps
S2: 20 lb bell x 5 reps
S3: 20 lb bell x 5 reps

Comments: Victoria's shoulders did funny things here: sublaxing at will. We had to be extremely conscious of them.

Handstand hold:
2 sets: 30 seconds each

Comments: very shaky. We progressed through multiple 10-15 second holds during each 30-second set.

Wide-stance Squat:
S1: 30 lb bell x 5 reps
S2: 50 lb bell x 5 reps
S3: 50 lb bell x 5 reps

Comments: great form. We only need to adjust posture here (namely, retracting her scapulae... To place her in proper alignment).

Step-ups:
2 sets: 24" box x 5 reps each leg

Comments: I had a 3rd set planned, but Victoria noted some hip discomfort. Not wanting to exacerbate it, I aborted this lift

Plank:
3 sets: 30 seconds each

Stretching: 7 minutes

Comments: overall, a solid session.
__________________
___________________
My training journals: 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
My training Videos? View 'em Here!

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2014
Vicks's Avatar
Vicks Vicks is offline
VIP Member
Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Level up: 47%, 188 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Real Name: Victoria
Rep Power: 16
Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 1

Trained with Nark today. haha, training is quite enjoyable.

One of my problems is that I often forget to eat. For example...I had breakfast at about 9am and the next time I ate was 5:45 pm. Not acceptable...

Template in hand and meals semi-planned, I'm excited to really get into it, I'm ready for change.

Lessons:
Shop smartly - write a list, avoid the candy and bread aisles!!!!
Plan my meals - otherwise there is no way I could remember to stick to my diet
Protein Whey is an acquired taste - speaks for itself

-Vikzen
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-28-2014
Vicks's Avatar
Vicks Vicks is offline
VIP Member
Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Level up: 47%, 188 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Real Name: Victoria
Rep Power: 16
Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Default Day 3 Workout

Day 3 workout
Kneeling Push ups
Set 1: 7
Set 2: 6
Set 3: 5
Set 4: 9
Set 5: 6
Set 6: 7
Set 7: 5
Total: 45

Pike hold
Set 1: 35
Set 2: 24
Set 3: 22

Handstand hold
Set 1: 23
Set 2: 20
Set 3: 20

Bench dips
Set 1: 10
Set 2: 12
Set 3: 12
Total: 34

Plank
Set 1: 48
Set 2: 34
Set 3: 34

V-Up Hold
Set 1: 47
Set 2: 36
Set 3: 46

Comments: managed to do all the sets. Somehow still disappointed with how I did. I feel as though I could have held the planks at least longer but it was quite hard at the time.
Noted slight FMS pain in knees and shoulders during plank and v-up sequence
Everything takes time.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-29-2014
Vicks's Avatar
Vicks Vicks is offline
VIP Member
Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Level up: 47%, 188 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Real Name: Victoria
Rep Power: 16
Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 4 - Cardio day

May 29, 2014
Today's workout was 30 minutes of cardio
27 minutes on the treadmill, walk/jog combo:
2 sets 50 jumping jacks.

Meal 1: half of a protein shake (1 1/2 scoops designer whey, 1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice)
Meal 2: cooked ground grade-A beef, squash
Meal 3: the other half of the shake
Meal 4: cooked ground grade-A beef, squash, and a slice of whole wheat bread

Not sure why I didn't just have 2 shakes or smoothies instead of half since that is technically only 3 meals, but...you know how it is.

Today was a standard fatigue day, I barely got anything done but I did my workout as scheduled and ate what was in carb-B (except for the bread), not even my brain was functioning.
Hamstrings STILL SORE from training on Monday What sort of torture...

Ready for tomorrow!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-31-2014
Vicks's Avatar
Vicks Vicks is offline
VIP Member
Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Level up: 47%, 188 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Real Name: Victoria
Rep Power: 16
Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 5 - Dead Thighs

May 30, 2014
Meal 1: green tea, oats, 2 hard-boiled eggs
Meal 2: 2/3 poptart (where was the protein)
Meal 3: cooked ground beef with coucou (can't help it, bajan in me, plus it was such a small amount as I was in quite a hurry)
Meal 4: garden salad, pork >.<

Warm-up: brisk 10-minute walk
Workout - AKA The Booty Torture Chamber Transformer:
Bodyweight Squats: 4 sets 20 reps each
Bulgarian Split Squats: 4 sets 10 reps each leg
Standing Glute Kickbacks: 2 sets of 50 reps each leg
Laying Bent-Kneed Leg Raise: 4 sets 12 reps each

Bleh, okay so I didn't eat that well today, but I also barely ate, so... This is going to be Nark's problem with me, getting me to eat, and when I do, having it be something good/healthy on my diet list. I'll have to find a way to get everything I need in at the specific time. Will come with time

I should invest in an icebox (mini cooler?) to tote around my protein shakes for when I'm on the go, which seems to be all day every day of late. Didn't get to cook today as I was out all day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-31-2014
Vicks's Avatar
Vicks Vicks is offline
VIP Member
Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Level up: 47%, 188 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Real Name: Victoria
Rep Power: 16
Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 6 - Injury Prone

May 31, 2014
Meal 1: green tea, oatmeal w/ fig, one mango
Meal 2: Chicken breast, sweet potato
Meal 3: green tea, cooked ground beef with sweet potato and shredded parmesan, 1 Ryvita dark rye biscuit, 1 small mango
I was going to eat the other chicken breast I had baked earlier upon my return from dancing but...mom ate it lol so meal 3 was quite small as it was the last of the left overs.

Workout
Cardio Day - treadmill: walk/run combo 23 minutes, stationary bicycle 8 minutes


After yesterday's workout, I feel as though I have a toddler strapped to each thigh, my quads are feeling real heavy (sore!). This is good I'm presuming.
My hip did weird things in dance class, it randomly start to hurt in ballet, and I stretched it out but it just got progressively worse the more I moved, so by the end of modern class I was in quite a bit of pain and pretty sure it was out. However it feels better for now, iced it and rubbed it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-02-2014
Vicks's Avatar
Vicks Vicks is offline
VIP Member
Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85 Points: 15,362, Level: 85
Level up: 47%, 188 Points needed
Level up: 47% Level up: 47% Level up: 47%
Activity: 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 320
Real Name: Victoria
Rep Power: 16
Vicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to beholdVicks is a splendid one to behold
Post Day 8 - Failure?

I'm in-between whether to call it failure or just a reminder of the current limitations of my body, but on the first day of week 2, I did not complete all my exercises.

By the time I got to the pushups, I couldn't do them as my chest was hurting and I can't afford to irritate my costochondritis anymore than it normally is. Plyometric squats were pathetic. I do not like when I can't get things done. I did everything else but the pushups and squats. While I might not like it, its this very fact that highlights why I have a trainer in the first place. I'll do the squats tomorrow in my cardio session, because I know I can do them, I just can't do them today. Nark understands.

Today also marked the return of my reflux, ugh :/

I don't feel like posting anymore on this topic so...all yall need to know is that I followed my diet to a T, and I did all my other exercises to their max reps. Tomorrow will be a good day.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2014
Narkissos's Avatar
Narkissos Narkissos is offline
Owner | Administrator
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 48,175
Real Name: Corey
Rep Power: 716
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Trained with Nark today. haha, training is quite enjoyable.

One of my problems is that I often forget to eat. For example...I had breakfast at about 9am and the next time I ate was 5:45 pm. Not acceptable...

Template in hand and meals semi-planned, I'm excited to really get into it, I'm ready for change.

Lessons:
Shop smartly - write a list, avoid the candy and bread aisles!!!!
Plan my meals - otherwise there is no way I could remember to stick to my diet
Protein Whey is an acquired taste - speaks for itself

-Vikzen
Those are solid lessons :)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
Day 3 workout
Kneeling Push ups
Set 1: 7
Set 2: 6
Set 3: 5
Set 4: 9
Set 5: 6
Set 6: 7
Set 7: 5
Total: 45

Pike hold
Set 1: 35
Set 2: 24
Set 3: 22

Handstand hold
Set 1: 23
Set 2: 20
Set 3: 20

Bench dips
Set 1: 10
Set 2: 12
Set 3: 12
Total: 34

Plank
Set 1: 48
Set 2: 34
Set 3: 34

V-Up Hold
Set 1: 47
Set 2: 36
Set 3: 46

Comments: managed to do all the sets. Somehow still disappointed with how I did. I feel as though I could have held the planks at least longer but it was quite hard at the time.
Noted slight FMS pain in knees and shoulders during plank and v-up sequence
Everything takes time.
I see nothing to be disappointed about :)




Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
May 29, 2014
Today's workout was 30 minutes of cardio
27 minutes on the treadmill, walk/jog combo:
2 sets 50 jumping jacks.

Meal 1: half of a protein shake (1 1/2 scoops designer whey, 1 banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice)
Meal 2: cooked ground grade-A beef, squash
Meal 3: the other half of the shake
Meal 4: cooked ground grade-A beef, squash, and a slice of whole wheat bread

Not sure why I didn't just have 2 shakes or smoothies instead of half since that is technically only 3 meals, but...you know how it is.

Today was a standard fatigue day, I barely got anything done but I did my workout as scheduled and ate what was in carb-B (except for the bread), not even my brain was functioning.
Hamstrings STILL SORE from training on Monday What sort of torture...

Ready for tomorrow!
Even with the bread, this looks like it was a good day Vicks.

Keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
May 30, 2014
Meal 1: green tea, oats, 2 hard-boiled eggs
Meal 2: 2/3 poptart (where was the protein)
Meal 3: cooked ground beef with coucou (can't help it, bajan in me, plus it was such a small amount as I was in quite a hurry)
Meal 4: garden salad, pork >.<

Warm-up: brisk 10-minute walk
Workout - AKA The Booty Torture Chamber Transformer:
Bodyweight Squats: 4 sets 20 reps each
Bulgarian Split Squats: 4 sets 10 reps each leg
Standing Glute Kickbacks: 2 sets of 50 reps each leg
Laying Bent-Kneed Leg Raise: 4 sets 12 reps each

Bleh, okay so I didn't eat that well today, but I also barely ate, so... This is going to be Nark's problem with me, getting me to eat, and when I do, having it be something good/healthy on my diet list. I'll have to find a way to get everything I need in at the specific time. Will come with time

I should invest in an icebox (mini cooler?) to tote around my protein shakes for when I'm on the go, which seems to be all day every day of late. Didn't get to cook today as I was out all day.
we'll work on it V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
May 31, 2014
Meal 1: green tea, oatmeal w/ fig, one mango
Meal 2: Chicken breast, sweet potato
Meal 3: green tea, cooked ground beef with sweet potato and shredded parmesan, 1 Ryvita dark rye biscuit, 1 small mango
I was going to eat the other chicken breast I had baked earlier upon my return from dancing but...mom ate it lol so meal 3 was quite small as it was the last of the left overs.

Workout
Cardio Day - treadmill: walk/run combo 23 minutes, stationary bicycle 8 minutes


After yesterday's workout, I feel as though I have a toddler strapped to each thigh, my quads are feeling real heavy (sore!). This is good I'm presuming.
My hip did weird things in dance class, it randomly start to hurt in ballet, and I stretched it out but it just got progressively worse the more I moved, so by the end of modern class I was in quite a bit of pain and pretty sure it was out. However it feels better for now, iced it and rubbed it.
Soreness is neither here nor there.

But, it does remind newer lifters that there's progress being made... and that the stimuli they applied was enough.
__________________
___________________
My training journals: 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
My training Videos? View 'em Here!

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-03-2014
Narkissos's Avatar
Narkissos Narkissos is offline
Owner | Administrator
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100 Points: 12,053,760, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Barbados
Posts: 48,175
Real Name: Corey
Rep Power: 716
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
I'm in-between whether to call it failure or just a reminder of the current limitations of my body, but on the first day of week 2, I did not complete all my exercises.

By the time I got to the pushups, I couldn't do them as my chest was hurting and I can't afford to irritate my costochondritis anymore than it normally is. Plyometric squats were pathetic. I do not like when I can't get things done. I did everything else but the pushups and squats. While I might not like it, its this very fact that highlights why I have a trainer in the first place. I'll do the squats tomorrow in my cardio session, because I know I can do them, I just can't do them today. Nark understands.

Today also marked the return of my reflux, ugh :/

I don't feel like posting anymore on this topic so...all yall need to know is that I followed my diet to a T, and I did all my other exercises to their max reps. Tomorrow will be a good day.
It will be.

Definitely.
__________________
___________________
My training journals: 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017.
My training Videos? View 'em Here!

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Apollo Fitness Barbados