Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Articles
> Articles > Articles by Narkissos
Connect with Facebook

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Owner | Administrator
Points: 9,466,654, Level: 100 Points: 9,466,654, Level: 100 Points: 9,466,654, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default Recovering from Carnival Partying/Drinking - Diet Tips!!
by Narkissos 10-25-2015, 03:59 AM

Stardate: 4th August 2015
Yesterday, having followed my 14-days-until-cropover-fat-loss-diet, you looked and felt spectacular.

Today however? You feel like shit.

You may take the day off. You may be considering asking your doctor for the entire week off.

You ‘just… need… to… make… it… through… a… couple… more… fetes” after all.

The last thing on your mind right now is fitness.

Exercise, right now – in your mind, is a four-letter word: The most filthy of four-letter cusswords to boot.

And, rightfully so.

I mean, the last thing you want is burpees in your tail. *sic*

*resists urge to vomit*

I’ve been there.
I *am* there, right now friends.
And, I’m here to guide you right back on track.

Step 1 – Rehydrate

Really, in a utopia – whilst partying, we’d drink one glass of water for every alcoholic beverage consumed. This would make avoiding dehydration much easier. The reality is however, nobody does that. My go-to here is coconut water. It’s electrolyte content makes it superior to plain water for post-partying rehydration. Grab two gallons. Keep it cool. You’re welcome.

Step 2 – Eliminate toxins; replenish depleted stores.

The process of alcohol metabolism is pretty straight-forward. It is [blah-blah-blah, science-science-science]. Ok, that said: Let’s get to what you REALLY need to know.

Alcohol metabolism leaves the body depleted of b-vitamins. It depletes the body of antioxidants, like glutathione (- placing the human organism under greater oxidative stress). And, most importantly, it leaves behind a great volume of the very toxic compound acetaldehyde (- which the body then has to metabolise and eliminate). Acetaldehyde is a beast of toxin. It compromises brain function, damages the membranes of red blood cells (and a host of other deleterious shit).

More importantly, to us partiers: It is the compound that makes you feel hungover.

Read more: https://apollofitnessbarbados.wordpr...d-to-recovery/

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Views 1318 Comments 0
Total Comments 0

Comments