Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Articles
> Articles > General-Health Articles
Connect with Facebook

General-Health Articles Got an article that doesn't fit into any of the preceding categories? Post it here!

Article Tools Search this Article Display Modes
Old
Owner | Administrator
Points: 10,565,546, Level: 100 Points: 10,565,546, Level: 100 Points: 10,565,546, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Default Your Job could be RUINING your workout!
by Narkissos 01-03-2014, 11:01 PM

Stress on the body and mind isn't the best combination.

Talk about a brain drain: Exercise feels tougher when your mind is tired—regardless of how fresh your muscles are, says new British research.

When men performed strenuous computer tasks and then went to the gym, they felt fatigued earlier in the workout than when they watched a documentary before their sweat session.

The interesting part: Researchers discovered that when the men were tired, their muscles were still able to produce the same force as in the other session—they just felt like their guns were more fatigued.

That doesn’t necessary mean your workout won’t suffer. Crunching numbers for 3 hours straight may lead you to quit your reps too soon. Keep a training log to remind yourself what you did last workout and what you’re capable of.

You can also try warming up an extra 5 to 10 minutes to unravel, says Matthew Stults-Kolehmainen, Ph.D., a clinical faculty member at the Yale Stress Center. If you’re still feeling drained, dial down the intensity. “Maintaining one’s exercise habits is important and giving up a routine may add stress in itself,” Stults-Kolehmainen says.

Still need an extra brain boost? Carry a Gatorade with you to the gym. Researchers in England found that the strange act of swishing sports drinks helps fight off mental fatigue.

[menshealth]

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Views 5018 Comments 11
Total Comments 11

Comments

Old 09-03-2014
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 3,919, Level: 41 Points: 3,919, Level: 41 Points: 3,919, Level: 41
Level up: 80%, 31 Points needed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 20%
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

GemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud ofGemmaRowlands has much to be proud of

I am a writer, and have sometimes experienced a fatigue at the end of the working day that I just haven't been able to shake off. However, a lot of the time, unless I've pushed myself way too hard I find that a gym workout is exactly what I need. It helps me to almost reset my brain, get rid of any built up physical energy that comes from working at a desk, and means I feel a lot more productive when I get back to my desk.
Old 09-08-2014
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 2,225, Level: 30 Points: 2,225, Level: 30 Points: 2,225, Level: 30
Level up: 25%, 75 Points needed
Level up: 25% Level up: 25% Level up: 25%
Activity: 96%
Activity: 96% Activity: 96% Activity: 96%

HealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant futureHealthCraze has a brilliant future

I can definitely say that I agree with the message of this article! I definitely feel like I am unable to put out anything after a full day of strenuous work!
It makes me feel stressed , and I don't even want to look at a treadmill or elliptical after I'm done working.
My brain feels overworked, and it's as though it tells my body that if it even dares try to put anything out in terms of a physical workout program, that I might collapse or just not be able to do much.
But, I have managed to understand the importance of "pushing through" to actually complete part , if not all of what I need to do in my exercise program. It actually inspires me a bit more after I've completed a workout session after an entire day of work, as it makes me feel that I've engaged and improved my ability to persevere .
I love the tips that you've shared, and I definitely will put them into practice, in terms of ensuring I do warm-ups , and I really do believe in stretching properly beforehand, and perhaps listening to some soothing music , so as to de-stress before I engage in intense physical training.

Many thanks!