Go Back   NarkSide Nutrition >
Health & Fitness Discussion
> General Health, Wellness, & Spirituality Questions
Connect with Facebook

General Health, Wellness, & Spirituality Questions Hey.. are you new to the health & fitness lifestyle? Then this sub-forum is for you. Inside is a slew of pertinent tips and explanations to speed you on your way. Enjoy! The forum has been dedicated to the memory of a now deceased friend of the NarkSide: David "Mavsluva" Lowe. He was an inspiration for many of us here in the community. This forum serves to continue the work which David started: To unite the Spirit, Mind, and Body... in the pursuit of the improvement of self. R.I.P. David. We love you man. You'll always be with us.

Old 04-21-2010
Respected Member
Points: 391,303, Level: 100 Points: 391,303, Level: 100 Points: 391,303, Level: 100
Level up: 0%, 0 Points needed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

greeniz515 has a brilliant future
greeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant futuregreeniz515 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to greeniz515 Send a message via Yahoo to greeniz515
Default Healthy Foods Which Cause Acne

You can cure your skin problem with natural acne cures. There is no need to resort to expensive over-the-counter products. Did you know that there are extremely healthy foods that make acne worse? Your health-conscious diet could be causing your breakouts.

These are the most dangerous foods because they are hiding behind the mask of healthiness. If you are prone to acne breakouts you need to stay away from these bad healthy foods.

Bananas
Bananas are high in sugar. That's why they are so delicious. They also are high potasium and some vitamins. They truly are a healthy food. But, because they are high in sugar they will cause an insulin surge which leads to inflammation and acne. If you are looking for natural acne cures, then stay away from bananas, or at least reduce your consumption.

Corn
Just like peas, corn is high in sugar and is therefore an enemy of clear skin, even though in many ways corn is healthy. One of these reasons corn is so delicious is because it is sweet. Corn is loaded with natural sugars which raise insulin levels thereby causing acne. Until you get through your acne stage, stay away from corn.

Dried Fruit
Most fruit, though not all, is safe if you eat just a piece at a time. Eating too much fruit will give you a blast of sugar which will set off the inflammation process leading to acne. Dried fruit is bad for acne because just about everything has been dried out of it except the sugar. Dried fruit is essentially a lump of sugar. Eating just a few pieces can give you a surge of sugar, thereby raising insulin and starting inflammation process. stay away from dried fruits.

Granola
Natural cures for acne, you may have noticed, involving reducing your consumption of sugar. Here's another food to avoid due to sugar. Most people looking for a health breakfast option turn to granola. I do. Too bad it's usually loaded with sugar. This truly healthy food will send your blood sugar to the skies, thereby releasing a blast of insulin and setting off the inflammation process leading to your new pimples in a day or two.

Cheese
Cheese is so delicious and healthy. Lots of calcium and vitamins makes this food a health food favorite. To bad it too sets off the inflammation process which causes us to break out with acne all over our faces.

Many think that using natural acne cures means not eating the foods you like. That is not completely true. First try reducing the intake of these kinds of foods until you see your skin clearing up. You may find that your body can handle a certain amount of these foods without causing breakouts.
Old 04-22-2010
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant future
Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant future

I get the worst acne when I put gel in my hair and sweat. It clogs the shit out of my pores.

Boozies Daddy!!!
Old 06-11-2013
Catholic schoolgirl
Points: 6,807, Level: 57 Points: 6,807, Level: 57 Points: 6,807, Level: 57
Level up: 29%, 143 Points needed
Level up: 29% Level up: 29% Level up: 29%
Activity: 30%
Activity: 30% Activity: 30% Activity: 30%

Fashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant futureFashionista has a brilliant future

In as much as food influences hormone levels this is probably true.

I tend to believe the greater influences to hormone levels aren't likely to be food though..purely anecdotal however. For me I could eat like ish the whole month and only see acne when I'm stressed or when my cycle is playing games with my body.

The one exception being my romp with Biotin.. That shit broke me out with some salycilic acid resistant painful sore acne. When I had taken it previously I had taken it with literally tons of water and consistent multivitamin abd fish oils. That seemed to ease my skin..
Old 06-15-2013
NarkSide's Ultimate PostWhore
Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100 Points: 232,640, Level: 100
Activity: 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant future
Kuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant futureKuntao Warrior has a brilliant future

Stress being the biggest cause of acne. Im not sure about the cheese/dairy thing. Some swear it makes you break out. I eat cheese and dairy everyday. Some times I go weeks without getting acne. Sometimes I cant close my eyes for 1 minute without seeing a new pimple. WTF?

Boozies Daddy!!!
Old 08-06-2013
NarkSide Virgin
Points: 298, Level: 5 Points: 298, Level: 5 Points: 298, Level: 5
Level up: 96%, 2 Points needed
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Adwerd is on a distinguished road

You have been posted a really nice and interesting article here with us. I would like to say thanks to you that you share this post here with us. I think the the main cause of acne is your oily skin. And to avid it you should must make your skin free from oil and for this purpose you must avoid to eat fast food and other oily things.
Old 01-26-2014
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 1,175, Level: 19 Points: 1,175, Level: 19 Points: 1,175, Level: 19
Level up: 75%, 25 Points needed
Level up: 75% Level up: 75% Level up: 75%
Activity: 56%
Activity: 56% Activity: 56% Activity: 56%

Charli1908 is a name known to allCharli1908 is a name known to allCharli1908 is a name known to allCharli1908 is a name known to allCharli1908 is a name known to allCharli1908 is a name known to all

Wow -- I didn't know this, especially about bananas. I am in the process of healing my skin, not necessary of acne, but from the scars that were left behind. I drink a lot of green smoothies and I do incorporate bananas in them ALL of the time. I haven't had any adverse effects so far, but it's something to think about and watch out for.
Old 01-26-2014
Owner | Administrator
Points: 11,511,681, Level: 100 Points: 11,511,681, Level: 100 Points: 11,511,681, Level: 100
Activity: 99%
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future
Narkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant futureNarkissos has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli1908 View Post
Wow -- I didn't know this, especially about bananas. I am in the process of healing my skin, not necessary of acne, but from the scars that were left behind. I drink a lot of green smoothies and I do incorporate bananas in them ALL of the time. I haven't had any adverse effects so far, but it's something to think about and watch out for.
The biggest thing in any approach is moderation.

I haven't had any issues from bananas, and I include them because of their potassium content, their prebiotic qualities, and the texture they add to smoothies.

But, I keep their addition controlled and small. Don't really need to pile a whole ton in... though many people do.

Got a question for me? Ask --> Here!

DISGUSTING ass-kicking conditioning workouts: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Old 03-02-2014
NarkSide Virgin
Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2 Points: 119, Level: 2
Level up: 38%, 31 Points needed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Activity: 39%
Activity: 39% Activity: 39% Activity: 39%

eg0mez is on a distinguished road
Default Healthy Foods Which Cause Acne

I have never had acne from eating healthy foods and I guess it is because I always treat my face with aloe vera. Anyways, very informative thanks!
Old 11-14-2015
Jr. Fornicator
Points: 201, Level: 4 Points: 201, Level: 4 Points: 201, Level: 4
Level up: 2%, 49 Points needed
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%

thess is on a distinguished road

I don't have a problem with acne and can eat those foods just fine without having problems. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
Old 11-15-2015
Sr. Fornicator
Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14 Points: 746, Level: 14
Level up: 92%, 4 Points needed
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Susan is on a distinguished road

This is a very interesting read and a lot of information. I had no idea. I don't have skin problems so I never really thought of the foods that can have a negative effect on your skin. If you are somebody who does have problems with acne then you should make watch when you eat these foods and see if there is a trigger.